path names

Antonio Pezzoni - Nautigamma

Oct 18, 2023, 1:39:34 PM10/18/23
to sig...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
on the derived data plugin I read this description:

Ground Wind Angle and Speed (based on SOG, AWA and AWS)

In my system I have these paths, in the data browser the data are live:
navigation.speedOverGround
environment.wind.angleApparent
environment.wind.speedApparent

but the derived path
Ground Wind Angle and Speed
isn't generated.
What can be the reason?
Perhaps the path names aren't recognized because they must have a different name?
And how to change them, if so?

Thank you and sorry for my poor knowledge.

ANTONIO PEZZONI              WWW.NAUTIGAMMA.COM
33054 Lignano (UD) Italy
tel. +39-0431-720500         mob. +39-338-6003328
Importatori ................ DEHLER-MOODY-CONTEST-Y.YACHTS-HANSE-PEGASUS
Elettronica per l'altura.... WWW.NEXTBOAT.IT

Antonio Pezzoni - Nautigamma

Oct 19, 2023, 11:52:34 AM10/19/23
to Signal K
Sorry,
also
navigation.headingTrue
is present on the system.

Ipe Piccardt Brouwer

Jan 23, 2024, 5:04:00 AMJan 23
to Signal K
Hi
SignalK newbie here as well. I have been experimenting a little bit. Are you sure that the derived-data plugin is active? You should see it in the Dashboard. In the Databrowser, do you see any data with derived-data as Source?
If the plug-in is working, activate the Debug log. See of any errors show up when the plugin is started or running
Have you found the folder with the scripts (signalK derived data/calcs ; be sure that 'show hidden files' is on)
You could add some debug lines to the script like:            console.log('value of awa is:', awa)
They are added to the log so you can see if any data is missing