Call for nominations for officers for ACL SIG MT

Philipp Koehn

Jul 13, 2021, 11:02:28 PM7/13/21
to si...@googlegroups.com, David Chiang
Dear SIG MT members:

As you know, the ACL Special Interest Group for Machine Translation
(SIG MT) is the umbrella organization behind the Conference on Machine
Translation (WMT) and its shared tasks.

We are well overdue to have elections for officers - in fact, the SIG is
still operating under the original officials.

For more on the charter of the SIG MT, refer to http://www.sigmt.org/

We hereby call for nominations for officers by July 30 for all positions:
- President
- Secretary
- Regional officer for Asia / Pacific
- Regional officer for EMEA
- Regional officer the the Americas
If we receive multiple nominations, votes will take place in August.

Please send nominations (names are sufficient) by email to the current
president Philipp Koehn <p...@jhu.edu> and current secretary
David Chiang <dch...@nd.edu>.

Self-nominations are permitted.

Sincerely,