Copy private-10m.bin and busybox cost 162 seconds

Michael Chen

Mar 30, 2023, 8:54:58 AM3/30/23
to SIGMOD 23 Contest
Dear Organizers,

 In my output log, I noticed that these two lines cost too much time, and the docker set procedure consumes nearly 250 seconds.

Is it normal for such behaviors?

The log is below

#4 [internal] load build context
#4 transferring context: 1.12GB 4.9s
#4 transferring context: 2.33GB 10.0s
#4 transferring context: 3.50GB 15.0s
#4 transferring context: 4.00GB 17.2s done
#4 DONE 18.9s

#6 [2/3] COPY     private-10m.bin     /mypath/dummy-data.bin
#6 DONE 105.2s

#7 [3/3] RUN ["/busybox", "chown", "1001:1002", "/mypath/baseline/dummy-data.bin"]
#7 DONE 57.2s

Michael Chen

Mar 30, 2023, 8:56:25 AM3/30/23
to SIGMOD 23 Contest
PS. I ask this question because I noticed organizers mentioned that the reprounzip overhead is almost 60s in another conversation.

sigmodcontest23

Mar 30, 2023, 1:30:56 PM3/30/23
to SIGMOD 23 Contest
Dear participant,

The loading and setting up of reprozip (above 250 seconds) will not be counted as your programming runtime.
Our evaluation system will only count the runtime of executing your command, which you trace using reprozip.
So this is normal behavior and you don't need to worry about it.

Thanks,
The organizers