Anticipation: DJ Vettie Vette Spring 2009 Mix

Yvette Cuenco

Apr 24, 2009, 1:46:18 AM4/24/09
Hi All,

I hope you are well.  It's been a long time since anything music-related has come from my end. And to answer some of your questions to me - no I have not retired from deejaying. ;)  Took a while for the dust to settle after me and my sister's move to the Southern half of Bed-Stuy.  Anyway here is something to whet your appetites.  New mixes are currently under development and I am planning to do more parties this coming Spring/Summer...rumor has it Sistamatik may be making a comeback. But don't say you heard it from me. ;)

Track: http://tinyurl.com/djvettievettespringmix
Tracklist:
1. "Living for the Love of You" - Isley Brothers
2. "California Soul" - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
3. "Georgy Porgy" - Toto
4. "Lovely Day" - Bill Withers
5. "You Are My Heaven" - Donny Hathaway and Roberta Flack
6. "Once I Had A Love (The Disco Song)" - Blondie
7. "Funk' for Jamaica" - Towa Tei feat. Les Nubians
8. "I Love Everything About You" - Syreeta
9. "Baby I'm Scared of You" - Womack and Womack
10. "It Began in Africa" - Urban All-Stars (Norman Cook aka Fatboy Slim)
11. "Starchild" - Level 42
12. "A Roller Skating Jam named Saturdays" - De La Soul

P.S. - I think I nudged the table once or twice during this mix - so yeah I know where it skips or when the mix is off.

--
Yvette Santos Cuenco
ph:(917) 557-4768

"Culture is impossible without a rich public domain. Nothing today, like nothing since we attained fire, is genuinely new." - Judge Alex Kozinski