okay, what's good?

EYEJAMMY

Oct 25, 2007, 4:11:10 PM10/25/07
to Sigeplayers
Quick intro, my name is L Dante Guarin, from Nashville, TN, originally
from Toronto, Canada. Where's everybody from? ...and when the heck
did October become Filipino History Month? I only found out
yesterday :(

peace.

Yvette Cuenco

Oct 25, 2007, 4:16:37 PM10/25/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
Name is Yvette Cuenco
I'm a California Native Brooklynite. I'm a social worker/therapist at
a Children's Day Treatment program serving emotionally disturbed
children.

The Filipino American National Historical society (http://fanhs.org)
established Filipino American History Month in October 1988 to mark
the 225th Anniversary of Filipinos coming to the United States.
more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_American_History_Month

Keep the posts coming folks!

--
Yvette Santos Cuenco
ph:(925) 207-1551

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 25, 2007, 4:28:56 PM10/25/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
Dope! Word, i bet the gig gets depressing at times huh?

--
L. Dante Guarin
"Them kids don't have nothing. They're from the worst projects in New

Yvette Cuenco

Oct 25, 2007, 4:33:50 PM10/25/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
A lot of sad stories, but for some reason I continue to love what I do.

Jonathan

Oct 25, 2007, 7:06:28 PM10/25/07
to Sigeplayers
Wassup my name is Jonathan Reyes. I'm a 1L at Florida Coastal School
of Law. Native Nor-Calian. I'm new to google groups so I'm still
figuring out what buttons to push and everything. Lol

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 26, 2007, 9:53:41 AM10/26/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
word. okay since yall are gettin a lil deeper w/ the intros, im a
web/graphic designer currently working for the state of tennessee.
jonathan, that's dope that you are in law school. how much longer u
got til you graduate?

Battousai

Oct 26, 2007, 11:58:27 AM10/26/07
to Sigeplayers
Peace,

Dennis Marzan here, born and raised in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. Been
living in the SF Bay Area for over a decade now, with brief stints in
SoCal and London.

October is Pinoy History Month because some Pinoys needed to take a
piss break at Morro Bay, California...

spivak

Oct 26, 2007, 1:23:56 PM10/26/07
to Sigeplayers
greetings,

i'm a grad student trying desperately to finish my ph.d. but also
finding great ways to distract myself online. born in makati, grew up
in the bay area, got my b.a. at brooklyn college, grad school at
minnesota, and now here in san diego trying to find my way.

i go by harrod, which despite how unique that is, is a step up from
archipelago, which i was this close to being named. i could go by
archie, i guess, but archipelago, sheesh. my okp name is spivak like
the postcolonial theorist.

my research looks at philippine history and filipino american
literature. (you can probably tell i'm a grad student from my tiresome
ramblings online. lol.)

sige na,
spivak
pnoybboy.wordpress.com

Yvette Cuenco

Oct 26, 2007, 1:27:56 PM10/26/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
geez dennis...and i tried to put it nicely by linking to wiki! lol

Rochelle

Oct 26, 2007, 3:38:46 PM10/26/07
to Sigeplayers
hi,

i'm rochelle. born & raised in southern cali. graduated from UCLA and
i'm still high off the Cal vs. Bruin game last saturday. recently got
my masters in public health at columbia. embarking on my 3rd year
living in NYC. working in planning and evaluation at a CBO called AIDS
Service Center. i like tortang talong, knitting, long walks on the
beach, and beating your fantasy football team.

also, i'd like to comment on the move to google groups--i like it!

adios amigos,
roche

On Oct 26, 1:27 pm, "Yvette Cuenco" <yscue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> geez dennis...and i tried to put it nicely by linking to wiki! lol

Jonathan

Oct 26, 2007, 11:19:25 PM10/26/07
to Sigeplayers
Dante,

three more years....BAH

On Oct 26, 6:53 am, "L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]" <cha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> word. okay since yall are gettin a lil deeper w/ the intros, im a
> web/graphic designer currently working for the state of tennessee.
> jonathan, that's dope that you are in law school. how much longer u
> got til you graduate?

cman...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2007, 11:42:30 PM10/27/07
to Sigeplayers
hey all,

my name's chris, but my friends call me chin and my all of my family
(cousins, aunts uncles) call me kuya. from toronto - actually a
suburb of toronto named mississauga. we've got a pretty big Filipino
community here. when i was in highschool, we were 50% strong.
there's at least three Filipino basketball leagues in the city. born
to Filipino immigrants... currently working in the IT dept of a
pharmaceutical company.

i don't eat pork (gave it up to eat more vegetables) so that pretty
much nixes 99% of all dishes served at any Filipino party i go to.
but if i was to ever go back, the first thing i'd eat would have to be
tasino (sp?). and i love halo halo!

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 28, 2007, 1:16:26 AM10/28/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
word.  im from 'sauga too (from 1st grade to when i left @ age 21).  you know neil or devin tadique?

Battousai

Oct 29, 2007, 11:09:23 AM10/29/07
to Sigeplayers
Dante,

I got fam in 'Sauga as well. If you've ever met Rob Barnes, that's my
cousin.

On Oct 27, 10:16 pm, "L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]" <cha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> word. im from 'sauga too (from 1st grade to when i left @ age 21). you
> know neil or devin tadique?
>

> --

> L. Dante Guarin
> "Them kids don't have nothing. They're from the worst projects in New
> Orleans. They get 30 million dollars; how else can they sing about
> anything? You know, they try to write a song and they're like, llllook at
> my watch, aarrgghh!"
> -- Ice T on the Cash Money Millionaires

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 29, 2007, 11:17:19 AM10/29/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
crazy. i remember rob barnes. i went to high school with his sister.
Message has been deleted

Procto

Oct 29, 2007, 12:53:16 PM10/29/07
to Sigeplayers
hi, everyone. my government name is irwin; my google name is procto,
i guess; and my okp name is selppataei.

i currently live in the 925 (contra costa, ca), but i grew up in the
midwest. graduated high school in denver, started college at cu-
denver, and finished up at cal in '04 with a b.a. in poli sci. cal
football has broken my heart, and i am now damaged goods.

i'm a clerk for the county, looking to jump up and out to the city,
where my fiancee is currently going to dental school. looking to get
my masters, but i'm not sure when and in what discipline; i'm
thinking
public policy or education.

i'm also a myspace rapper/producer: www.myspace.com/thegrandproctologist;
www.myspace.com/fewmusic. you can download my group's most recent
album at: http://www.zshare.net/download/2753910bd764d3/

nice to meet you good folks.

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 29, 2007, 1:03:42 PM10/29/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
wassup irwin. judging from your myspace friends, u go to Iglesia Ni
Cristo, correct? i used to go like 11 years ago.

Procto

Oct 29, 2007, 2:32:26 PM10/29/07
to Sigeplayers
yep. word; if it was toronto, i visited a couple times in the early
'90's. so *maybe* we've crossed paths, depending on how long you'd
been going. cool.

the cover art on your blog is dope, yo. i've been trying to figure
out s*** myself for a solo joint i've been working on.

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 29, 2007, 2:45:16 PM10/29/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
word. i was there then. i was about 96 or maybe even 97 when i left.
so 10/11 years. who were u with in tdot?

Procto

Oct 30, 2007, 2:57:02 AM10/30/07
to Sigeplayers
i was with my pops, who is a minister, and my fam. he switched with
toronto's resident for a weekend.

L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]

Oct 30, 2007, 10:18:22 AM10/30/07
to sigep...@googlegroups.com
oh snap. u know jun palacios? i remember skippin church w/ him
spending our offering on videogames. then his pops walks in and
catches us. jun caught the beatdown of his lifetime.

On 10/30/07, Procto <charact...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> i was with my pops, who is a minister, and my fam. he switched with
> toronto's resident for a weekend.

Battousai

Oct 30, 2007, 10:26:31 AM10/30/07
to Sigeplayers
Wow. You went to high school with Val? That _is_ crazy.

I was in the T Dot in 2003 for Val's wedding. We probably met.

On Oct 29, 8:17 am, "L. Dante Guarin [CHASE2]" <cha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> crazy. i remember rob barnes. i went to high school with his sister.

Procto

Oct 30, 2007, 2:53:42 PM10/30/07
to Sigeplayers
yeah, i know jun, but not well. his fam ended up moving out to
washington state for a bit. i don't know where they are now, though.
but for real, them dollars came in handy at the arcade and s***, haha.