Question about RLHF Approach

Abdulmohsen Abanmy

Oct 18, 2024, 10:03:44 PM (7 days ago) Oct 18
to SIGARAB: Special Interest Group on Arabic Natural Language Processing
Alsalam Alaikum,

I am working on a semantic translation model focused on generating fluent and eloquent Arabic translations. I am currently using metrics like BERTScore to assess translation accuracy (ensuring that meaning is preserved), its hard to measure the fluency using a metric, especially in Arabic.

I am interested in incorporating Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF) to improve the model's fluency and overall translation quality. To this end, I am hoping to find what is the best way to achieve RLHF with fluent Arabic speakers/readers. Additionally, I am curious to know if you believe RLHF is the right approach to achieving better fluency in this case, or if there are alternative methods you would recommend.

Any guidance, recommendations, or relevant resources would be helpful.

Much appreciated,
Abdulmohsen Abanmy

Ahmed oraby

Oct 21, 2024, 5:13:08 PM (4 days ago) Oct 21
to SIGARAB: Special Interest Group on Arabic Natural Language Processing
Alukom Salam Abdulmohsen,

I'm working in machine translation. Recently I and my team have developed good bilingual machine translation model.
Here's some recommendations for your research.
For evaluation I recommend to you to use COMET it really good to measure the translation semantic.
And if you could use LLM with DPO data rather than RLHF will gives you better results.