Prof. George Jiang - Research Series (8th March 2024)

Special Interest Group for Translanguaging and Inclusive Education

Mar 2, 2024, 10:17:54 AMMar 2
to Special Interest Group for Translanguaging and Inclusive Education
Dear Members of the SIG,

We are excited to announce our first speaker, Professor George Jiang (Assistant Professor), for our Research Series. The topic of the talk will be: “Videos in language classrooms: A social semiotic perspective”.

Please see the attached poster for the abstract.

The Research Series is a platform to feature the research expertise at the Academic Unit of Language and Literacy Education. This series aims to provide an opportunity for our colleagues to get their research expertise known to the wider academic community. These presentation series is overseen by the Working Group for Research.

This event is jointly organised by the Academic Unit of Language and Literacy Education, the Special Interest Group for Translanguaging and Inclusive Education within the Centre for Advancement in Inclusive and Special Education and The Consortium for Research on Language Policy and Practice.

Here are the details for the sharing session:

Speaker: Professor George Jiang
Chair: Professor Kevin Tai
Date: Friday, March 8th, 2024
Time: 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM (HK Time)
Zoom Link:
Zoom Meeting ID: 994 2438 4636
Password: 861655

We look forward to your active participation in this research presentation.

Best wishes,

Kevin Tai

Professor Kevin W. H. Tai
BA (Hons 1) (Newcastle, UK), MSc (Oxon), PhD (UCL), FHEA, FRSA
Assistant Professor of Language and Literacy Education
Co-Director, Centre for Advancement in Inclusive and Special Education (CAISE)
Chair, Working Group for Research, Academic Unit of Language and Literacy Education
Faculty of Education
The University of Hong Kong
Honorary Research Fellow, IOE, UCL’s Faculty of Education and SocietyUniversity College London
EditorThe Language Learning Journal (Routledge)
Executive Guest EditorLearning and Instruction (Elsevier)
Awardee of RGC Early Career Award (ECA) (2023/24)Research Grants Council of Hong Kong
Email (HKU)kevi...@hku.hk
Email (UCL)kevin.tai@ucl.ac.uk
Telephone: (852) 3917 6107

[Poster] LALE Research Series 1.png