New special issue - Co-learning, co-planning, and co-shifting to build critical (trans)language(ing) awareness: Case studies from the field

Zhongfeng Tian

Jun 6, 2024, 6:15:59 AMJun 6
to sig...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

Ryan Pontier and I are excited to share our co-edited special issue titled "Co-learning, co-planning, and co-shifting to build critical (trans)language(ing) awareness: Case studies from the field," which is published at Educational Linguistics now: https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/eduling/3/1/html

While current scholarship emphasizes the importance of developing critical (trans)language(ing) awareness to support equitable teaching practices, there is a notable gap in research on how teachers and teacher educators/researchers work collaboratively to uncover or deepen their language awareness. To address this, this special issue explores how teacher-researcher collaborations and the co-construction of knowledge between teacher educators and pre-/in-service teachers foster critical awareness of language practices in classrooms. We focus on three key areas: (1) documenting co-learning, co-planning, and co-shifting processes, (2) examining the long-term engagement between both parties, and (3) exploring various methodologies for investigating language awareness.

This special issue consists of five empirical papers -
image.png

We hope you'll enjoy reading this special issue!

Best,
Zhongfeng

Zhongfeng Tian (田中锋), Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Bilingual Education

Department of Urban Education

Rutgers UniversityNewark

(ResearchGateGoogle ScholarLinkedIn

New book: