2013 Sierra Ski-O Tour: Truckee Volunteer Cabin

1 view

Tony Pinkham

Jan 4, 2013, 5:58:49 PM1/4/13
to Tony Pinkham
We have what seems to be an excellent cabin at a low discounted price for 10-21 volunteers and competitors at 10207 Snowpine Road in Truckee. This cabin has the following features:
  • 4 bedrooms with linens and towels for up to 21 people
    • 2 king beds
    • 6 double beds
    • 5 single beds
    • 3 bunk beds
    • 1 child bed
    • 1 sofa bed
    • 2 futon beds with improved pads
  • Linens and towels included (no sleeping bags required)
  • Kitchen (large for feeding 20 people)
  • Eating area
  • Living room and game room
  • 2 bathrooms (this is the only tight feature)
  • Entertainment features
    • 3 TVs (52", 42", and 32") with DVD and DVRs
    • PS3 games
    • Pool table
    • Ping pong table (in garage)
    • Snow fort area in back yard
  • Washer and dryer
  • Garage with ski waxing station
  • Room for up to 9 cars parked in garage (1 car) and driveway (8 cars)
  • If nobody rents the place the night we leave (low probability), we can return late in the day to shower before going home. :-)
This deal is not to be missed. This house is cheaper than many that house only 8 people. If we get 10 people for 7 days, each person pays only $30 per person per night (this is based on a low rent for up to 15 people, there is a slightly higher rate for 16-21 people), which is quite good. It gets much better if we get more people, so invite your family, friends, and especially your rival competitors (and friendly competitors). If we totally clean the place and leave it as found (except for laundry), the owner takes off an additional $150 (that's $3 per person per night with 10 people). If we get more people, the nightly fee drops further.  This is definitely a place for us to remember and to book for future events if we end up liking the place.

If we end up liking the place, we can become repeat customers, which means that we get another 10% off future rentals (and another 10% off if we reserve two months early).

For now, the initial cost is $30 per night (assuming we have a full crowd staing all nights). The duration is from Sunday 27-January to Sunday 3-February (7 nights). This cost will come down if we have more people and if we clean the place before leaving.

If interested, let me know when you will be there. Yes, priority goes to those who can stay multiple days or all week, especially if they are volunteering, but we have so many beds available that I doubt that we'll bother with priorities. I will, however, need checks from you before we go there so that my risk is minimized. Figure on $30 per adult (or $15 per child under 12 if sleeping in room with parent) per night and if we get more than 10 people I'll refund the appropriate amount of money to you at the end of the tour.

We already have 4 people signed up. Let me know if you are interested.

To see this house, go to http://www.vrbo.com/280108
Thank you!

Tony

PS If you are planning to stay with us at Bear Valley, we have a volunteer cabin for there too. Let me know if interested and I'll send you the information.