Results for 2013 Sierra Ski-O Tour Day 8 at Tahoe Cross Country (Burton Creek State Park

1 view

Tony Pinkham

Feb 3, 2013, 1:46:35 AM2/3/13
to BAOC Website, Bay O-Net, Sierra Ski-O Tour, sierra-ski-...@googlegroups.com, Mike Poulsen, Scott Drumm, Ann Wiselogle, Ken Walker Sr, Greg Walker, Anna Voegele, Carson, Paul A, Kerie Raymond, Jonis
Another incredible ski-O day. Donatas Ereminas (Lithuanian team member in Truckee) designed very impressive courses and Greg Walker helped set up the controls. The ski resort had some new groomed trails and Donatas added many new secondary trails with complex mazes in various parts of the map. Although the network might not seem that complicated, it gets quite complicated when you are moving fast on uneven ground in a forest. It is interesting how fast you learn to ski off trail when looking for controls. The conditions were so nice that we were able to skate on and off trail, even off trail while going uphill between trees. Truly skaters heaven...

With the top two M-21+ skiers setting these courses, we had new top skiers for the day. Mikkel Conradi finished the 10.6 km course (two maps) in 60:11 with Jonathan Owens 10 minutes behind in second place and Paul Carson (BAOC) in third. Fillan Swift (M-16) did a blue course as his second course today in just 96:19.

For the women, Anna Voegele maintained her strong lead by finishing the 8.1 km red course in 48:29. Carol Ross (ONB), who has normally been in fourth place, jumped to second for the women by finishing in 64:20, just ahead of Sharon Crawford (RMOC) and Robi Mulford (BAOC).

Tomorrow, we have our final event for this tour at Royal Gorge Cross Country. Brenda Giese designed the courses but came down with a nasty flu at the last moment, so Kerie Raymond (CROC), Ken Walker Sr (CSU), and Damian Swift (BAOC) jumped in to set the controls this afternoon. We are set to go tomorrow. The medals are ready to hand off to our winners as soon as we know the results for each class.

We have already started planning our events for 2014. The current plan is to have our first events on Super Bowl weekend (the first weekend in February) at Truckee and finish with our last events at Bear Valley on the second weekend of February. We are hoping to include a couple World Ranking Events and possibly a regional championship (in addition to the 2014 Sierra Ski-O Champs). Publicity begins as soon as this tour ends.

Hope to see you in the snow!

Tony
QuickStick_Event_Results_Report.txt