Online Registration for the 2013 Sierra Ski-O Tour and World Ranking Event

Tony Pinkham

Dec 25, 2012, 12:31:32 PM12/25/12
to Bay O-Net, Sierra Ski-O Tour, sierra-ski-...@googlegroups.com
Competing in North America's largest annual ski-O tour just became a lot easier this year with its first ever online registration system. You can now sign up for one to seven days of this great competition and the World Ranking Event that occurs on the first day by filling out an online form. You will be billed later for the monies that you owe. If you are coming from outside the US, you can pay your fees when you arrive (all fees paid in US dollars).

Keep in mind the following deadlines:
  • January 6 is the last day to reserve an event ski-O buff (headwear great for racing). Any reservations made for this after that date are fulfilled by the supply that we order in addition to the reserved orders.
  • January 18 is the last day to pre register for this event. A $2 discount applies to each event day that you register (except for the WRE, which does not have a discount). For this discount to apply we must either receive your online registration by midnight of that day. Registrations received after that date are considered day-of-event registrations without discounts.
If you belong to an orienteering club (BAOC or GCO or other club), be sure to indicate that club to qualify for member rates (that's a further $5 discount compared to our full prices). If you belong to an orienteering federation (like Orienteering USA), be sure to indicate that too.

If you can volunteer some time at the events that you attend to help us run our events, please indicate that in the comments section at the end of your registration. As always, we can use lots of help and our helpers still get to compete at our events. We will be looking for help with registration, beginner clinics, starts and finishes, E-punch (this is a much easier system to run than before), and control pickup.

Oh yes, all of our events have individual start times from 10 AM to 12:30 PM. It might be possible to start before that. The WRE will have pre assigned start times but all other events have start times assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis. Typically, the best time to start is early while the snow is firmer. If you are ready to ski by 10 AM, you should be able to start on better snow. If you are ready before 10 (9 AM earliest), we might be able to start skiers early and you can go early (conditions and event director permitting). Plan on 10 AM being the earliest start time but being ready earlier doesn't hurt.

We've got lots of snow on the ground (recently got 4 feet of fresh snow) with more on the way. This should be a great year for our competitions.

Thanks go to Trinka Gillis for creating and managing this online registration system.

Tony Pinkham
BAOC