Abdul El-Sayed totally destroys MAGA narrative

4 views
Skip to first unread message

Sid Shniad

unread,
Oct 6, 2026, 5:53:00 PM (3 days ago) Oct 6
to

image.png

BREAKING: "I'm interviewing you!" Fox News host panics after Abdul El-Sayed walks into the lion's den and totally destroys her MAGA narrative with confidence and charisma.
This is an absolute master class in messaging...
"I think there is this argument that you try to make often, which is that the best way to take this problem on is just more war," El-Sayed said during a sitdown interview with far-right hack Martha MacCallum. "And how has that worked out for us?"
"So what's better? Wh— What's the best way to protect our national security?—" she replied.
The reality is that America has not been made safer by these endless forever wars and we commend El-Sayed for bluntly saying as much to millions of Republican viewers. This Iran War in particular has nothing to do with America's national interests and everything to do with the regional interests of an expansionist Israeli state.
"We spent trillions of dollars. Trillions of dollars!" said El-Sayed. "The war in Iraq, which on this channel they spent years and years—"
"No I'm asking you how would you have responded—" MacCallum interrupted, trying to wrest back control of the conversation.
"Can you answer my question?" El-Sayed patiently asked. "I just want to understand, has that made us safer? Are we more safe because of the war in Iraq? Are we more safe because of the war in Iran? And I think the argument here is always more war. You got folks like Mike Rogers, who I'm running against, his argument is always there's a war for that. And you know what we end up paying for that? Trillions of dollars. Thousands of lives of our servicemen and women. Lives that were lost on the battlefield. Lives that are being destroyed because they're defunding the VA as we speak. And we're paying more for all of this in energy costs, more at the grocery store. So do we really think that we should be more war?"
"Well, you know... We all know that the reason that we went to war in... In Afghanistan in particular was because we had thousands of Americans who were slaughtered just a few blocks from here," said MacCallum, dodging the thrust of his question.
"Understood. And I understand that," said El-Sayed, who had not mentioned Afghanistan or 9/11.
"Would you have not done that? You wouldn't have responded?" she asked.
"No, my point is about the war in Iraq. And the war in Iraq was one of those wars that because we had had a war in Afghanistan and Iraq was like next door within the same region, we're like why don't we just go to war there too?" said El-Sayed, cutting through her BS. "And folks sitting in these chairs were justifying that. And now we have the war in Iran. And they told us it was a—"
"But war is always controversial," MacCallum inanely replied.
"No, but my point is it's not that it's just always controversial. It's that you're trying to make the argument that somehow more war is exactly what we need right now," said El-Sayed. "And I'm just saying that more war is not what Michiganders need."
"I'm not arguing that we need more war," insisted MacCallum. "I'm arguing that you have to defend American national security."
"You haven't told me where you stand on the war in Iran. You seem to be a fan of it," he shot back.
"I'm— I'm interviewing you!" whined MacCallum. "I'm not saying I'm a fan of the war. I'm giving you... Umm. I'm explaining that there is an argument to be made that it will make the United States safer."
"And you're making that argument, right?" said El-Sayed. "I'm just telling you what Michiganders are telling me. I've talked to Michiganders of all stripes, Michiganders who supported Donald Trump on the idea that he was America first. And that he wasn't going to take us to war. And that he was not going to waste our blood and our treasure on yet another war. And here we are, eight months later, and we're still at war. And the argument that he was making is exactly the argument that you were making, which is that there are threats out there. Sure."
"There are threats out there," she said.
"My question is, does more war make more or less threats?" said El-Sayed.
The answer, of course, is "more threats." Every time the United States bombs or helps Israel bomb a hospital or apartment complex, we create more enemies. Every time our weapons kill someone, we turn their family and friends into our sworn enemies. You cannot bomb your way to peace, no matter what Republicans claim. And the truth is that they're not interested in peace. Fox News ultimately serves the corporate interests of the military-industrial complex which relies on constant conflict to generate shareholder returns.
Democrats should follow El-Sayed's lead: ignore the culture war distractions and focus on the real issues. Donald Trump's pointless, failed war is draining our country dry.
Please like and share if you're a big fan of El-Sayed!
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages