change-log.txt

Anton Tayanovskyy

Mar 28, 2008, 11:08:56 AM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Привет.

У меня вопрос - а нужен change-log.txt?

Можно сделать:

svn log

И увидеть достаточно информативную распечатку:

r11 | skhenkin | 2008-03-28 12:29:56 +0200 (Fri, 28 Mar 2008) | 1 line

Changed guidelines encoding to cp1251
r10 | skhenkin | 2008-03-28 12:29:02 +0200 (Fri, 28 Mar 2008) | 1 line

Added subtitle creation guidelines in Russian

Если проблема в том, что там слишком много вываливается, давайте
фильтровать его, желательно автоматически. Например, договоримся
помечать все "ВАЖНЫЕ" изменения префиксом (!!). Тогда они будут в логе
выглядить так:

r10 | skhenkin | 2008-04-28 12:29:02 +0200 (Fri, 28 Mar 2008) | 1 line

!! Finished the subtitles for Chapter 5

И их можно будет достать автоматом:

svn log | grep '\!\!' -B 3 > CHANGES

Ну или скриптик написать для этого.

--A

Sergey Khenkin

Mar 28, 2008, 11:38:19 AM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

I don't mind skipping change-log.txt.
The reason I created it was that I wanted to be able to get a list of
all major changes. Indeed they can be marked the way you proposed with
!! prefix in commit messages and that will do the job just fine.

Best regards,
Sergey Khenkin

--
Best regards,
Sergey mailto:skhe...@gmail.com

Anton Tayanovskyy

Mar 28, 2008, 11:46:37 AM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Sergey,

Thanks! OK, let it be so. I will need to explain the !! policy
somewhere, most likely in a README.

Hope you don't mind - I made some changes to the project home page and
posted your subtitling guidelines on the wiki.

Cheers,

--A

Anton Tayanovskyy

Mar 28, 2008, 11:52:53 AM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Sergey,

It might also be neat to enforce the subtitling guidelines via
software validators.

I have put something like this in a perl script in bin/ll - ll stands
for line length.

bin/ll subtitles/en/srt/Lecture-1a.srt

This will report the line numbers that exceed 45 symbols in length.

--A

Sergey Khenkin

Mar 28, 2008, 11:59:15 AM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Anton,

I've just reviewed the changes you've made and they're great!
I'm going to translate the guidelines to English and publish them as
well so that not only Russian-speaking people could use them.

Regards,
Sergey Khenkin

Sergey Khenkin

Mar 28, 2008, 12:21:27 PM3/28/08
to SICP Subtitles
Anton,

I've seen your script.
Unfortunately Perl is not my native language :), but such utility
would be very helpful.
I think at least for the time being we should treat the numbers
provided in the guidelines as recommendations, not strict infallible
laws.
So reporting tools should be more like advisors but not policemen.
Your ll tool is exactly like that which is good.

Sergey

On 28 мар, 17:52, "Anton Tayanovskyy" <anton.tayanovs...@gmail.com>

Anton Tayanovskyy

Mar 28, 2008, 12:33:12 PM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Sergey,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Maybe the next version should come in Scheme...

It's just difficult because you never know which Scheme version the
contributor will have, while Perl is Perl pretty much everywhere. Not
sure about Win though - but I hope this works:

perl.exe bin/ll ...

--A

Sergey Khenkin

Mar 28, 2008, 5:55:34 PM3/28/08
to sicp-su...@googlegroups.com
Anton,

> Thanks for the feedback :)
>
> Maybe the next version should come in Scheme...
>
> It's just difficult because you never know which Scheme version the
> contributor will have, while Perl is Perl pretty much everywhere. Not
> sure about Win though - but I hope this works:
>
> perl.exe bin/ll ...

Running Perl scripts is absolutely not a problem on Windows.
I like ActivePerl by ActiveState most. It used to be free but now seems
to cost some money. Anyway there are plenty of options including cygwin
as the last resort :).

Regards,
Sergey Khenkin