scmutils and mechanics running on Windows Vista

WLassell

Sep 24, 2010, 3:54:43 PM9/24/10
to Structure and Interpretation of Classical Mechanics
I am interested in getting the mit-scheme scmutils and mechanics
programs working under Windows and to study the SICM text.

Using the previous posts as a guide, I have attempted to get it
setup. However, I am running into some difficulties. I'm running
this on a Windows Vista Dell 1525 laptop. Here's what I've done and
the issues that arise

I've downloaded and installed the MIT-Scheme-20040414-i86-win32 and
installed it.

I've downloaded an scmutils .tar.gz file and unpacked it and tried to
follow

I start scheme using the desktop shortcut
(i.e. "C:\Program Files\MIT-GNU Scheme\bin\scheme.exe" --library "C:
\Program Files\MIT-GNU Scheme\lib" --compiler --edwin --heap 2000 --
edit).

MIT-Scheme and run with the following commands and yielding the
following output.
---------
(cd "c:\\scheme\\scmutils\\src")
;value #11: [pathname: "c:\\scheme\\scmutils\\src"]

(load "compile.scm")
;Unbound variable: compiler:compiled-code-pathname-type
;To continue, call RESTART with an option number
; (RESTART 3) => Specify a value instead of compiler:compiled-code-
pathname-type
; (RESTART 2) => Define compiler:compiled-code-pathname-type to a
given value
; (RESTART 1) => Return to read-eval-print level 1
;start debugger (y or n):

-------------

Similarly I run into trouble when just trying the following

(cd "c:\\scheme\\scmutils\\src")
;value #11: [pathname: "c:\\scheme\\scmutils\\src"]

(load "load.scm")
;Package: (user)

Then Edwin lists the following message
Internal error: Unbound variable: clean-weak-alist

I must admit my work with Windows and scheme is at a fairly
rudimentary level.

Any suggestions that might help get the scheme mechanics system
running would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig