new scmutils available

jao

Sep 22, 2005, 7:24:17 PM9/22/05
to Structure and Interpretation of Classical Mechanics
Hi. Just for the record, since Sept 12 there's a new scmutils version
available at

http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~gjs/6946/linux-install.htm

I just installed it without problems.

jao

Christoffer Karlsson

Sep 23, 2005, 12:56:27 AM9/23/05
to Structure and Interpretation of Classical Mechanics
On my system (FreeBSD 5.3, with linux compatibility enabled) I had to
alter the /usr/local/bin/mechanics script to invoke scheme with -heap
set to 6400 instead of the original 6450.

With -heap set to 6450 mechanics fails with the error message:

Largest address does not fit in datum field of object.
Allocate less space or re-configure without HEAP_IN_LOW_MEMORY.

Christoffer