Announcement for SIAM Central States Section officers for 2017 and 2018

siamcentr...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 9:17:52 PM10/10/16
to SIAM Central Section

Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the new officers of SIAM Central States Section for 2017 and 2018.

All the current officers of SIAM Central States Section form the executive committee and nominating committee. After the call for nomination was sent to the SIAM members in the eight states which are served by the SIAM Central States Section, we received the following four nominations before the deadline, August 31, 2016.

Jiangguo Liu from Colorado State University was nominated for the president position.

Anna Zemlyanova from Kansas State University was nominated for the vice president position.

Stephen D. Pankavich from Colorado School of Mines was nominated for the treasurer position.

Ying Wang from University of Oklahoma was nominated for the secretary position.

Since we have four positions for the four nominees, there is no need to have an election this year based on the call for nomination and the rules of procedure of SIAM Central States Section. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that the four nominees are appointed for the positons for which they were nominated.

It will be great if more colleagues will be interested in serving for the section and nominated for officer election in the future so that we can have a contested election, which will be better for our section. Please feel free to email any one of the current or new officers about your interests and thoughts. Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Executive committee of SIAM Central States Section:

Xiaoming He, Missouri University of Science and Technology

Steve Pankavich, Colorado School of Mines

Erik Van Vleck, University of Kansas

Xiu Ye, University of Arkansas at Little Rock