The University of Mississippi seeks an Associate Director of Instructional Support to develop and implement campus-wide initiatives to support faculty teaching capabilities, manage undergraduate peer-learning programs, and promote graduate student instructional development, in partnership with the staff of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Academic Innovations Group.
The Associate Director of Instructional Support leads CETL’s supplemental instruction program and graduate student teaching development efforts, as well as supporting CETL’s work in faculty development more generally. As such, the Associate Director:
· Oversees the management of undergraduate supplemental instruction and graduate instructor development for the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
· Recruits and trains undergraduates and faculty for supplemental instruction programs.
· Schedules and promotes supplemental instruction programs.
· Assesses supplemental instruction programs.
· Collaborates with CETL staff to design and implement faculty development as needed, including programming for inclusive teaching in support of the University’s Pathways to Equity strategic plan for DEI.
· Designs and implements orientations, institutes, workshops and other programming informed by the scholarship of teaching and learning in collaboration with other CETL staff.
· Designs and delivers pedagogical training for new graduate instructors, teaching assistants, and adjunct instructors.
· Develops learning opportunities to promote teaching excellence among faculty.
· Promotes teaching excellence through one-on-one consultations with faculty and instructors, classroom observations, teaching materials analysis, and additional services as needed.
· Collaborates with CETL staff to develop strategic initiatives, meet with faculty advisory board, and provide assessment reports for CETL.
· Analyzes workshop activity, surveys, and other evidence of impact, and determines improvements of CETL/AIG services.
· Manages CETL’s programs for Graduate Instructor Excellence in Teaching Award and Graduate Teaching Assistant Award. Implements training and development opportunities for faculty including workshops, faculty development lunches, faculty chats, poster exhibitions, and CETL mini grants and travel grants in collaboration with the Director of Faculty Development and CETL staff.
· Facilitates interaction with CETL Advisory Board.
· Represents CETL at regional and national conferences, as appropriate.
· Prepares presentations for national conference(s) to reflect developments of scholarship of teaching and learning on the campus of the University of Mississippi for national audiences.
· Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
• A master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Three years of experience related to the duties identified above. Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net
To add or remove from this mailing list, please go to <http://listserv.umkc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=SINET&A=1> or send an email message to the address list...@listserv.umkc.edu, with the text SIGNOFF SINET in the body of the message.