Invitation to Download Revised Glossary, "Essential Glossary for Increasing Postsecondary Student Success"

David Arendale

Sep 13, 2023, 1:26:03 PM9/13/23
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu
Greetings SI-PASS colleagues,

I think you might find the following glossary useful for your work with peer learning programs. One of the sections of the glossary focuses on student-to-student learning programs, which includes SI-PASS and other approaches. It is heavily cited and contains quotations for many definitions from primary sources. This may make composing reports, conference presentations, and professional publications easier. Considering that many of you also manage other learning assistance programs at your institution, you may also find the other sections of the glossary useful. Following is the official promotional message for the glossary and the link to download the document.

The College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Publications Committee is delighted to share with you a new free resource, "Essential Glossary for Increasing Postsecondary Student Success: Administrators, Faculty, Staff, and Policymakers (3rd ed.)," which was a project that I was honored to serve as editor for this third edition. There was a big team that produced this resource. I wrote in the introduction, “Developmental education and learning assistance have changed dramatically in recent years, and so must also the language used to describe and define them. This glossary is useful for the wide field of educators involved with promoting student success. It provides precise language and definitions to use when communicating with peers and more effectively influencing administrators, legislators, and the media” (p. 2). This glossary is vastly expanded from the second edition. Rather than saying more, click on the link to it provided below.

This resource is free to download and disseminate. Click on the following URL for the document from the CRLA website, https://crla.net/images/whitepaper/CRLA_2023_EssentialGlossary_FA.pdf

Take care,
David

David Arendale, Assoc Prof Emeritus, Curriculum & Instruction, Univ of MN 612.812.0032aren...@umn.eduwww.arendale.org; podcasts, FB, Twitter, YT, LinkedIn www.davidmedia.org