8th Annual WCSI Conference 2023_Registeration and Call for Proposal

Marashi, Arezoo

Aug 2, 2023, 2:33:45 PM8/2/23
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

Dear SI family,

The West Coast SI Conference Planning Team invites you to attend the 8th Annual West Coast SI Conference. This is a two-day, online event designed specifically for academic support leaders in higher education. Join us on Friday November 17 and Saturday November 18, 2023 as we explore best-practices in building communities of learning for academic success.

Conference Theme:

Conference Registration:

Conference registration is now open!  Register Now! You will find the conference schedule, registration details and other useful conference information by visiting our conference website at  WCSI Conference Home Page.

Call for Proposal:

If you are a SI Supervisor, SI Leader, Tutor, Faculty Member, and/or Administrator or Staff who support peer led academic support, we would like to invite you to share your experience, innovative ideas, activities, best practices and research during this year’s conference. Please submit your presentation proposals by Friday, September 29, 2023 at 11:59p (PST)!

To learn more about the proposal process, Proposal guidelines, deadlines, and to submit your proposals please visit our  Call for Conference Proposals Webpage.

Student Keynote Nomination:

We are excited to invite you to nominate any of your current or recent peer-led academic support paraprofessional for the 8th Annual West Coast SI Conference student keynote speaker. You can find more information about the minimum requirements, application submission and selection process on our website. Please submit your nomination via our Student Paraprofessional Keynote Speaker Nomination Form by Friday August 18, 2023.

We look forward to receiving your proposals and nominations and seeing you in our conference November 17 & 18, 2023. The conference flyer is also attached for your reference.

Feel free to contact us at westcoasts...@gmail.com with any questions or if you need any additional information from us.

Warmest Regards,

The West Coast SI Executive Planning Team

Arezoo Marashi

Supplemental Instruction Coordinator

MVC Academic Support

Adjunct Mathematics Faculty

Executive Board Member, West Coast SI Team

arezoo....@MVC.edu

(951) 571-6363

Advancing Knowledge

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as arezoo....@MVC.EDU.
Problems or questions should be directed to
man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as si-net-gar...@GOOGLEGROUPS.COM.
Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

Save the Date Flyer_Registration.Proposals.pdf

Marashi, Arezoo

Aug 17, 2023, 5:30:04 PM8/17/23
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

Dear SI family,

This is a friendly reminder that West Coast SI Conference planning team is accepting nominations for Student keynote speakers during our 8th annual conference. you still have time to nominate any of your current or recent peer-led academic support paraprofessional for this opportunity. If you know any of your peer leaders who made a significant contribution to academic support within your institution AND have demonstrated significant personal and professional growth, please nominate them for the 8th Annual WCSI Conference Student Keynote speaker.

The deadline to submit your nomination is tomorrow Friday August 18, 2023.

Please submit your nomination via our Student Paraprofessional Keynote Speaker Nomination Form. You can find more information about the minimum requirements, application submission and selection process on our website.