SI Leaders Pay Rates

Nayeli Trujillo

Sep 24, 2021, 2:36:50 PM9/24/21
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu
Hello all,
Our department is looking to increase the amount of money SI Leaders and Mentors are paid per hour.
It would be helpful to know how other programs determine pay rates and how the rates change depending on experience.
Any information you can share is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

--
Nayeli Trujillo
She/Her/Hers

--

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as si-net-gar...@GOOGLEGROUPS.COM.
Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

Lexie Tapke

Sep 24, 2021, 3:09:34 PM9/24/21
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu
Hello Nayeli,
At our campus, our tutors are unionized, so our rates are most likely higher than most, but I'd thought I would share anyway. All of our tutors receive $17.78 for non-contact hours and individual sessions and $23.92 for group sessions (2 or more students). They receive a 3% raise every fiscal year.

Best,

Lexie Tapke
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Program Coordinator
Modified Supplemental Instruction (MSI) Program Coordinator
Learning Support Services (LSS)
University of California, Santa Cruz
lta...@ucsc.edu | 831-502-7074

You are subscribed to the SINET list as lta...@UCSC.EDU.

Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

Sheri Lima

Sep 24, 2021, 5:27:51 PM9/24/21
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

Hello,

We used to pay our SI leaders $1.50 over minimum wage and another .50 after a year until California raised our minimum wage to $15.00 an hour. We have increased $1.00 an hour every year on January 1st with this January 1, 2022 being the last increase up to $15.00. This is a large amount every year to cover and we decided to have all tutors and Sis at minimum wage since it was increasing so rapidly. Now with the current environment, we are considering increasing Sis again, especially when we go back face to face in Spring 2022.

Thank you,

Sheri Lima

Director of Library & Learning Center

Modesto Junior College

(209) 575-6651

li...@yosemite.edu

Our department is looking to increase the amount of money SI Leaders and Mentors are paid per hour.

It would be helpful to know how other programs determine pay rates and how the rates change depending on experience.

Any information you can share is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

--

Nayeli Trujillo

She/Her/Hers

Assistant Director of Academic Support- Supplemental Instruction (SI) and STEM Tutoring | Center for Advising and Academic Support

Image removed by sender. St. Olaf College     Image removed by sender.

Office: Tomson Hall 154B| Phone: 507-786-3364

1520 St. Olaf Avenue Northfield, MN 55057

--

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as li...@YOSEMITE.EDU.

Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

CAUTION: This email is originated outside of the organization. Please do not click on web links from unknown senders or unexpected emails. If you are unsure about this email please contact the IT Service Desk at servi...@yosemite.edu or call (209) 575-7900 option 4.