Peer Tutors

Lulla, Neil

Nov 23, 2021, 1:42:28 PM11/23/21
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

Hello Everyone:

At my institution, our peer tutors have a regular hours they work each week.  Within those scheduled hours, students can schedule tutoring appointments.  But regardless of whether the tutors actually have appointments or not, they are available and paid for their scheduled hours.  During hours in which tutors are available but don’t have appointments, they are free to work on their own homework and still get paid for those hours.  I have a few questions regarding my peer tutoring program model for anyone who is willing to share their input.

  1. For anyone who has a similar model for their peer tutoring program at your institution, what would you say is a good percentage of time tutors are actually in appointments versus the total hours they are working?

  1. Do you allow your peer tutors to work on their own homework if they do not have scheduled appointments and still get paid for the hours?

  1. Does anyone use a different model for scheduling tutoring appointments?  If so, could you please briefly explain.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you all!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Neil Lulla

Neil Lulla, M.S.

Coordinator, Academic & Student Support

Clarkson College

lull...@clarksoncollege.edu

Office: 402-552-3946

Learning, Integrity, Caring, Excellence, Commitment

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as si-net-gar...@GOOGLEGROUPS.COM.
Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

Christian Cavalho

Nov 23, 2021, 2:36:56 PM11/23/21
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

I’d like to hear input on this topic as well.

We also have a similar models where we do allow our tutors to complete their own homework during their unscheduled hours with pay.

I do not believe we have concluded on an appropriate ratio of scheduled v non-scheduled  paid hours.

I’m interested to see how other institutions model their tutoring centers.

signature_1499235654

Christian Cavalho

cava...@yosemite.edu

Djj80GcU0AEQggr.jpg

From: Supplemental Instruction Discussion List <SI...@LISTSERV.UMKC.EDU> on behalf of "Lulla, Neil" <Lull...@CLARKSONCOLLEGE.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 10:42
To: "SI...@LISTSERV.UMKC.EDU" <SI...@LISTSERV.UMKC.EDU>
Subject: Peer Tutors

[...]

You are subscribed to the SINET list as cava...@MJC.EDU.

Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.

CAUTION: This email is originated outside of the organization. Please do not click on web links from unknown senders or unexpected emails. If you are unsure about this email please contact the IT Service Desk at servi...@yosemite.edu or call (209) 575-7900 option 4.