Career Opportunity at UC Santa Cruz!

Sharon Castro

Oct 4, 2021, 11:15:37 AMOct 4
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu
Dear SI colleagues,
I apologize for the duplicate emails, I am cross-posting!

On behalf of the Learning Support Services (LSS) team at UC Santa Cruz (UCSC), I am excited to share with you all our job postings for an Assitant Director position! Our team is growing and we are excited to take the next step in that growth!  We are seeking equity-focused candidates to support our undergraduate tutors and the students who use our services. Please feel free to review our website to find out more information about LSS and the services we provide.

Job descriptions, information about salary, and qualifications can be found at this link:

I am also including a brief description of our unit below:

Learning Support Services offers course-specific group tutoring with Modified Supplemental Instruction (MSI), Supplemental Instruction, Small Group Tutoring, and Writing and Reading Group Tutoring, course-specific individual tutoring, and non-course-specific Writing Individual for all undergraduate students at UCSC. Programs are grounded in pedagogy that supports the academic development of students through these peer-led services with the goal of addressing and minimizing educational equity issues. LSS provides academic support across all five divisions: Arts, School of Engineering, Humanities, Physical and Biological Sciences, and Social Sciences, employing over 110-130 tutors each quarter and serving nearly 7,000 undergraduate students per year. Learning Support Services works closely with the Education Opportunity Program (EOP), Services to Transfer and Re-Entry Program (STARS), Disability Resource Center (DRC), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Initiatives, and the colleges to increase the success of non-traditional students. Learning Support Services has a permanent operating budget of approximately $900,000.

Thank you, and I hope you and your families are safe and healthy!

Sharon Castro
Interim Director
Lecturer, Stevenson College
Pronouns: She/They

University of California, Santa Cruz
stca...@ucsc.edu | (831) 459-1902

I acknowledge that I live and work on the land of the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band of the Ohlone people.

To search past discussions on the SI-Net, visit our archive at http://groups.google.com/group/si-net

You are subscribed to the SINET list as si-net-gar...@GOOGLEGROUPS.COM.
Problems or questions should be directed to man...@listserv.umkc.edu.