Valuable, affordable ONLINE conference for you and your tutors!!! Proposals due in about 1 week

Rebecca Cofer

Sep 22, 2021, 9:43:26 AMSep 22
to SI...@listserv.umkc.edu

Zoom Meetings Audio vs Video - Animals

A virtual conference open to professionals AND students AND it’s super affordable!!!???  Sign me up!

The Georgia Tutoring Association (GaTA) is hosting its annual conference on Friday, October 22nd.  The good news is it’s online and we welcome attendees from all over the nation (last year, we welcomed folks from California, South Carolina, and the northeast!).  Registration is only $15, regardless of faculty, staff, or student role.

This email comes just a little over a week before the proposal submission deadline on Friday, 10/1.  GaTA has peer tutor presenters, administrators, faculty, and part-time professional tutors all presenting.  Now is the time to submit your quick proposal!  As someone that has already submitted a proposal, I am happy to answer any questions and can speak to the simple process for proposal submission.

Also, 10/1 is the deadline for the Tutor of the Year (TOY) award. The criteria is a 3.0 gpa, a tutor for at least 1 year, and attendee at the conference. Help your tutor win $250 just for being great at what they do!

Find all #gata2021 conference info here

So join GaTA on 10/22 for a fun, virtual conference (cameras and video hair optional). 😊

Rebecca Cofer (she/her)

Pronoun Use- https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why

Programs Manager, Learning Center

Georgia College & State University