SHS Band Backer e-Blast

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Nov 30, 2015, 5:54:17 PM11/30/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Band Backer General Meeting: The Dec 2nd  meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  November Meeting Minutes attached.

BKMB History:  Laura Shaw is working on a History of the Marching Band and Southington Music Program. She is looking for any information you may have; pictures, recordings, fundraiser flyers…etc. She has a lot of stuff from 1999 to the present, so anything before that would be awesome. She especially wants things played for marching band and orchestra, special events, trips, and odd  and interesting stuff like selling cleaning products as a fundraiser..yeah they did that! Send anything you have to Lbs...@cox.net.

Band Backer Legacy Supporter Program: Once a Band Backer always a Band Backer” As someone who believes that a quality music program is something we need to preserve and continue to strengthen I thought what better community to reach out to then former Southington Band Backers and their families!  You know firsthand what Southington’s music program has done for your children.  You know how lucky we are to have such a dedicated group of Music Educators in our town. You know that the Southington Band Backer organization’s purpose is to strengthen and support the music programs in our schools. Your children may have moved on to bigger things but it’s important to remember how they got there. With that spirit in mind we have a new opportunity for past Band Backers and their family’s to continue to support and strengthen the Southington Music program for years to come.   With an annual donation to the Southington Band Backers, a 501c3 charity, you will be listed as a Band Backer Legacy Supporter in the Music of the Knight Program Guide and receive 2 MOTK tickets as our thank you.  You may choose from three Support levels.  Bronze Level $100, Silver Level $200, and Gold Level $300.  You know how important these programs are; please consider being a part of the sound for as long as you can.  For more information or to pledge your support please contact Erik Semmel  ese...@cox.net. Your charitable pledge of support will be billed to you automatically in July just before the marching band season begins.

Thank you!

Erik Semmel

SHS Band Backer President

Website: http://shsmarchingband.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shsbands

General Minutes 11-4-2015.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Dec 9, 2015, 8:08:12 PM12/9/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

BOE Marching Band Recognition Reminder:  The State Champion Southington Marching Band will be formally recognized at the Dec 10th Board of Ed meeting at 7:00pm. The BOE meeting is held at Municipal Building.

Band Backer General Meeting: The Jan 6th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  December Meeting Minutes attached.

Super Sub Sale:  The Sub Sale is one of the largest and most exciting fundraisers of the year. Students will team up in groups and canvas the town on January 9, 10, 16 and 17 (January 23 & 24 will be snow dates) taking orders for Turkey, Ham and Italian Combo subs.  In addition to the town canvas, students will also be selling on their own, taking orders from friends, relatives and neighbors.

For more information, contact Liz at 860 462-1105, or Dave at 860 329-1707, or at shssu...@gmail.com

General Minutes 12-2-2015.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Dec 16, 2015, 5:56:41 PM12/16/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

2nd Trip Deposit Due Jan 6th:  The 2nd Spring Boston Trip Payment is Due Jan 6th. We will be collecting payments at 7:00pm in room C301 before the General Band Backer meeting. This payment will be $350.   The 3rd and final payment of $341 will be due sometime after the Sub Sales fundraiser is complete in early February.

Band Backer General Meeting: The Jan 6th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  December Meeting Minutes attached.

Super Sub Sale Weekends are almost here!

We need volunteers to Drive Teams for the weekends of January 9,10 and January 16,17.  If you would like to Volunteer to Drive Kids in groups,  please contact Phil or Stephanie Mitchell at  sda...@aol.com

We start the day at the High School at 9:00am for some instruction and coordination. Groups are formed and the kids along with drivers are sent out in to the community to sell subs!  Each driver receives a map with a designated area to sell to.  Driving is fun and you can choose to drive for any or all days!

We end the day to reconcile the orders at a site to be determined.

This is a great way for students to fundraise to pay for their activities, fees and band expenses. The town has come to expect and look forward to this from the band, it has been a tradition for over 30 years.

General Minutes 12-2-2015.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Dec 21, 2015, 4:37:18 PM12/21/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

State and Nationals Video: Donna Fontano has put together a Video of our State and Nationals Competitions as well as a few other moments from the 2015 season for us. The DVD Order Form is attached. Here is a link to the Video Via Google Drive if you just want the Raw Videos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-Ujv206wffQ1ZQUmpCRDNKbE0 Please contact Donna with any questions or to place a DVD order. donn...@cox.net.

2nd Trip Deposit Due Jan 6th:  The 2nd Spring Boston Trip Payment is Due Jan 6th. We will be collecting payments at 7:00pm in room C301 before the General Band Backer meeting. This payment will be $350.   The 3rd and final payment of $341 will be due sometime after the Sub Sales fundraiser is complete in early February.

Band Backer General Meeting: The Jan 6th meeting has been moved to the Main Cafeteria 7:30pm.  December Meeting Minutes attached.

General Minutes 12-2-2015.pdf
CompetitionDVDForm.pdf