Extending legacy (homegrown) authentication system to Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.

doug livesey

Aug 4, 2014, 7:52:37 AM8/4/14
to North West Ruby User Group, shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -- I'm looking into the possibility of extending our in-house (but pretty basic) authentication system to allow our users to login by third party services.
From the research I've been doing, it looks like the best bet might be OmniAuth, for which I could write a simple handler to use our legacy system, and the various strategies for things like Facebook and the like.
But before I get all excited and run off into the long grass with OmniAuth, I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody had any better advice?
Cheers,
   Doug.

Anthony Nettleship

Aug 12, 2014, 6:41:29 AM8/12/14