[ANN] Sheffield Ruby 63 - Ruby Newby - Retro Style - 9th February 2015

Eve Barabas

Jan 27, 2015, 9:28:42 AM1/27/15
to shrug-...@googlegroups.com

It's a coding trip back to the 80s as we look at using Ruby to play with Star Wars, top-trumps style! This is suitable for complete coding beginners as well as developer Ruby newcomers. We're going to learn how to consume APIs, organise data and run scripts from the command line.

Please come with Ruby(https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/installation/) and Git installed. People will be on hand to help if you find this tricky.

'Chad' is leading this session and we invite our usual Shruggers to be on hand on the day as well as students, developers from other languages and basically anyone who would want to learn (more) Ruby.

'Chad' Gowler is a Ruby Developer at Yoomee, comingfrom a Python background; Is a volunteer at a loca Code Club, spends many weekends at tech conferences(also presenting/speaking) and is interested in exploring and challenging gender theory.

Details can be found on the ShRUG site:

We're on Twitter and have a mailing list on Google Groups:

http://twitter.com/sheffieldruby

http://groups.google.com/group/shrug-members

---

Eve