create delightful interactive content, products, tools and toys that improve
people’s lives. We’re based in Sunny Manchester (Tm) in that bit of the
Northern Quarter that’s suddenly surrounded by bars and coffee shops, and
facing a 50ft blue tit (http://www.fiandme.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/blue-tit-newton-street.jpg).
Our work is unusually diverse: from locative audio apps for the arts, data
visualisations for the Open University, platforms for Monster Government
Solutions (that use 17 million data values), HTML5 games for the BBC and mobile
e-learning services for the Department of Education.
See – diverse.
We're looking for a Ruby on Rails developer. You’ll need to work with the rest of the team to creatively think about how to technically deliver our projects and products. You may be very experienced or you may be looking for somewhere for that experience, but have lots of potential for growth and learning.We’d love to hear from you, if you:
possess a great track record of getting things done on time without sacrificing
quality (or would like one)
- have a enthusiasm for technology
- are aware of relevant industry trends and developments
- demonstrate a deep understanding of big-picture software architecture
- have a genuine talent for software development (i.e. don’t scrape-through by just copying and pasting randomly from Stack Overflow)
- Have the drive and initiative to learn
experience in these areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Cloud platforms (such as AWS or Heroku)
- Mobile development
£30,000 - £40,000, depending on your experience, your collaborative nature and maturity (which may not be age related). If you are worth more, tell us why.
us a line at hello (at) Stardotstar.com. All communication will be
acknowledged, and kept confidential. No reply means we didn't get your message.