[JOB] Leeds-based startup looking to hire Mid-to-Senior and Junior Ruby Developers

Ryan Townsend

Apr 29, 2014, 12:28:58 AM4/29/14
to shrug-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I'm the Technical Director of www.hotelsindex.com – we want to be the absolute best place to book hotel rooms on the web, everything from the initial experience to the service & aftercare, and we've got some exciting differentiators in the pipeline that are going to ensure we stand-out from the crowd.

We're looking for 2 passionate developers – a mid-to-senior-level Ruby developer seeking autonomy and the desire to have their work showcased in the public eye, and a junior who's enthusiastic about levelling-up rapidly under the guidance of a mentor.

Our new office is in Leeds City Centre. Whilst we are looking for someone reasonably local (or happy to relocate), we're not strict on 9-5 working hours, and once the team has settled in, remote working opportunities will be both possible and encouraged. We have a relaxed culture, light on management, focused on working productively, avoiding endless meetings and bureaucracy.

If you're curious to the tech we use (and for the junior: what you'd be learning), we're very much a "best tool for the job" kind of company, and are happy to adopt new technologies where appropriate. That said; Rails, Postgres, SASS, CoffeeScript, EmberJS, Heroku, AWS, Varnish are our favourites right now.

Sound interesting to you? Drop me an email (ry...@hotelsindex.com) or tweet me (@ryantownsend), I'll fire over a full job description and more background on the business and we can arrange to meet when I'm back in the UK in June.

Hopefully I'll make it down to ShRUG soon and meet everyone in person!

Ryan Townsend.

PS: no recruiters (hat tip @JonRowe)