Hope you’re all doing excellently.
There’s a manager in Vodafone who went rogue and started developing things in Ruby. At first the upper management were sceptical, but after he produced prototypes that would normally take their existing teams 6 months to build in two weeks, they decided to give him some budget.
This chap already has extensive experience working remotely and when he got in contact with us asking for advice how best to staff a Rails team he was more than receptive to building a dispersed team. We found him two very good Ruby developers and an excellent frontend developer all UK based. They work remotely but meet up every couple of weeks for a few days.
From the Team:
“If you want to create great user experiences and help develop applications that have amazing potential then this is the right job for you. You will be part of a small well-knit team of highly competent developers both frontend and backend, and participate in the creation of small to large scale systems, not only delivering high quality and well-structured code but doing so with a user’s point of view.
We work in a small, collaborative agile team where everyone is involved in coming up with great features and ownership of the outcome is key.
We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the business forward.”
· Predominantly Backend or Full stack – either is great.
· Decent HTML/CSS
· UX experience or desire to get into UX a plus – happy to send people on UX courses/pay for training etc.
· 5% bonus
· Generous conference/training Budget
· Generous equipment Budget
· Double pension contribution scheme up to 10%
· 28 days annual leave with option to buy & sell days
· Live insurance (3x Salary)
· Option for buying Vodafone shares as part of a saving scheme
· Up-to 10 heavily discounted Vodafone phone contracts (why you would need 10 phones I’m not sure)
Other unrelated roles at the moment:
· Contracts starting before Christmas - £400-500 /day – (onsite London)
· Post-Christmas projects being lined up - £400-500 /day (onsite London)
· Big name in the Ruby Scene building massive well backed web app related to socially responsible fintech – up-to-£100k +equity (onsite London)
· Remote upper-mid Ruby developer, Oxfordshire based company - £50k
Please let me know if any of the above is relevant for yourself, or those that you care about this Christmas. Merry Christmas.
Ultra-specialised Independent Ruby Recruìtment
"I just can’t stop thinking about Ruby on Rails"
Mobile: 07449 324 851 BBS: 0118 327 1821
irc.freenode.org - LouisRoR - #Ruby #LRUG #NWRUG #Pokemonchat
Infinitium Global Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 07569878
Infinitium Recruìtment Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 8081945
Registered Address: 3 Acorn Business Centre, Northarbour Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3TH