[JOBS] 2 permanent (flexible location) developer roles available at rapidly growing startup Split The Bills

Andy G

Aug 6, 2014, 10:57:03 AM8/6/14
to shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

A few years ago, a handful of us bootstrapped a startup called Split The Bills (https://www.splitthebills.co.uk) in Sheffield, hoping to take the pain out of paying for (and fighting over) utility bills when living in shared accommodation. The idea grew from my business partner's experience running a student letting agency, and the rapidly growing demand from his tenants for all-inclusive rental properties. Basically, the demand was such that we had to give it a go because many landlords still can't offer all-inclusive deals.

A couple of years on, and a whole load of MVPs later, and we're happy to say that the demand has proven very real and we've been able to stay agile and lean enough to develop the business around the demand. Business is booming :) We now have a skilled and dedicated team (https://www.splitthebills.co.uk/team) and are on track for 6000 customers this year spread across the UK (doubling each year). Plus, we've worked really hard to develop a solid foundation of team structure, efficient (enough) processes, and good technology.

JOB OPPORTUNITIES

To further support profitable growth, we have openings for 2 developers. Our platform is built using Ruby, Java, Rails, JavaScript, Swift, Redis and Mongo. It's a highly decoupled event-based system that is highly expandable and extremely well tested. In summary, we're poured a lot of love into the system and want developers to join us who care as much as we do about good, clean, cared-for code, and want to be apart of an expanding startup in a booming industry.

We're interested in chatting to any developers with experience in any language. For sure, experience in the languages we've used to date would be helpful, but that's not really what we care about. We're much more interested in speaking to and working with people who really care about producing quality code. We're confident that a dedicated, passionate developer can learn a language :)

We're based in the Sheffield city centre, we work in an agile fashion, and we're pretty flexible about working location.

If you're interested and fancy having a coffee, please give me a shout.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Goundry

Aug 12, 2014, 6:09:41 AM8/12/14
to shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've had a little feedback requesting that i be clear about the salary range.

We're happy to pay anywhere from £20,000 for a junior up to £45,000 for a very experienced senior, and anywhere in between dependant on experience. On top of this, we're also starting a share options scheme.

Cheers,

Andy