Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Ryan Hobson

não lida,
5 de jan. de 2015, 11:24:0605/01/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com

Looking for a fresh thinking rails developer to get stuck into our new platform and help us make a ding in the uk property sector...

Company Background

PSG, The Property Search Group is a franchise business offering a complete search service to conveyancing Solicitors and other property professionals for over ten years.

The PSG network has 49 franchise offices located in England and Wales who use 2 bespoke software packages for product ordering and delivery.

Role Profile

The role of developer requires a capable team player to work as part of PSG IT team in the UK, based in Yorkshire, Barnsley (2mins off M1, J37) with the main development team based in India. Experience of working in an agile software environment and with offshore teams would be an advantage.  Travel to India will be required.

Candidate Profile

The ideal candidate is passionate about producing great web products with great user experience; working with and learning cutting edge open source technologies and engineering practices.

A positive pro-active approach with good communication and problem solving skills is essential.

Key Responsibilities

  • Producing great products!
  • Positive participation in all aspect of the team – Coding/UI/Test/Refactor, working as part of an offshore team and supporting users.

Skills and Experience

  • Primarily Ruby on Rails  - though training will be considered for a candidate looking to transition from another web technology.
  • Experience in HTML5, JQuery, JavaScript, CSS, XML, RESTful, MS/MYSQL
  • Excellent UI design skills
  • Excellent communication skills
  • An understanding of: Agile (we are working toward Scrum), Test Driven Development, Mobile first design, pair programming, code review.
  • First rate problem solving abilities
  • Excellent communication and writing skills

Please email any Questions or CV's to me at; ryanh...@propertyseachgroup.co.uk

Jeff Lawson

não lida,
7 de jan. de 2015, 04:08:5807/01/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com
"up to 38k"? -- LOL

On Mon, January 5, 2015 10:24 am, Ryan Hobson wrote:

> *Looking for a fresh thinking rails developer to get stuck into our new
> platform and help us make a ding in the uk property sector...*
>

> *Company Background*
>

> PSG, The Property Search Group is a franchise business offering a
> complete search service to conveyancing Solicitors and other property
> professionals for over ten years.
>
> The PSG network has 49 franchise offices located in England and Wales who
> use 2 bespoke software packages for product ordering and delivery.
>

> *Role Profile*
>

> The role of developer requires a capable team player to work as part of
> PSG
> IT team in the UK, based in Yorkshire, Barnsley (2mins off M1, J37) with
> the main development team based in India. Experience of working in an
> agile software environment and with offshore teams would be an advantage.
> Travel
> to India will be required.
>

> *Candidate Profile*
>

> The ideal candidate is passionate about producing great web products with
> great user experience; working with and learning cutting edge open
> source technologies and engineering practices.
>
> A positive pro-active approach with good communication and problem
> solving skills is essential.
>

> *Key Responsibilities*
>

> - Producing great products!
> - Positive participation in all aspect of the team –
> Coding/UI/Test/Refactor, working as part of an offshore team and
> supporting users.
>

> *Skills and Experience*
>

> - Primarily Ruby on Rails - though training will be considered for a
> candidate looking to transition from another web technology. - Experience
> in HTML5, JQuery, JavaScript, CSS, XML, RESTful, MS/MYSQL - Excellent UI
> design skills - Excellent communication skills
> - An understanding of: Agile (we are working toward Scrum), Test Driven
> Development, Mobile first design, pair programming, code review.
> - First rate problem solving abilities
> - Excellent communication and writing skills
>

> Please email any Questions or CV's to me at;
> ryanh...@propertyseachgroup.co.uk
>
> --

Ryan Hobson

não lida,
7 de jan. de 2015, 05:47:0407/01/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff, we have been looking for a Junior to intermediate or a developer looking to make the technology jump - given the right candidate we could be flexible.

Thank you,

Ryan

Ryan Hobson

não lida,
13 de fev. de 2015, 05:24:1413/02/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all, any advice on finding a developer when I’m not a recruitment agent and trying to avoid using one?  I’m looking for someone to join me and help start an onshore team, I’m an ex Microsoft developer, jumped to Rails a little while ago. I know Manchester is a Hot spot and obviously London, but I’m struggling to find anyone closer by like Sheffield, Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Barnsley etc.

I was looking junior to intermediate, but now realise i need more experienced so intermediate to senior.

I have posted here, NWRug and joined the Ruby Jobs group on Linked in...aside form Agents and contractors, very little so far.

Thank you

JamesAlmond

não lida,
13 de fev. de 2015, 06:27:1013/02/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

It seems it's still a competitive market for Ruby developers. What are you offering that others aren't to set yourself apart?

James

Ryan Hobson

não lida,
16 de fev. de 2015, 05:33:4516/02/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James, your right, perhaps i should express more on the job add.  At the risk of sounding evangelical...

I want to achieve change in the UK property market, I want to improve the experience of buying or selling a property (if possible down to the man on the street)..there are more lofty goals i know :-) but its positive.

The role would be a nice fresh fresh start, chance to implement everything learned so far by becoming our uk rails guru, help mould our environment (and teach me rails correctly!). You'd be hard pushed to walk around the office here and find anyone negative about the company, its friendly (jokey) and importantly, understanding.

I feel its a strong opportunity - one i would have loved as a pure dev..

Ryan Hobson

não lida,
27 de fev. de 2015, 08:56:1327/02/2015
para shrug-...@googlegroups.com
For anyone interested, I have the nod for around a 45k salary - looking for intermediate+ RoR developer.  Drop me an email if interested.  Thank you.
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem