[ANN] Sheffield Ruby 55: What is puppet and why should I care about it? - 9th June 2014

1 view

James Almond

Jun 1, 2014, 4:34:49 PM6/1/14
to shrug-...@googlegroups.com, gee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

This month’s talk is from Stephen Johnson and is on Puppet:

The talk will cover the fundamentals of the language, explaining its basic usages, the design decisions that shaped the language and how to actually write puppet manifests. As well as this, why, as a developer / system administrator, you should care about deploying puppet to your infrastructure.

Stephen is a senior Systems / Network administrator with experience of deploying multiple enterprise environments with many years experience as software developer and systems engineer. He has worked for Nokia and Puppet labs, in the latter role travelling globally to deliver Puppet Labs training / consultancy to some of the worlds largest IT companies.

Details can be found on the ShRUG site:

We're on Twitter and have a mailing list on Google Groups:

http://twitter.com/sheffieldruby
http://groups.google.com/group/shrug-members

See you there!

James