Pastor Michael

batescitybabe

Oct 9, 2007, 8:39:00 PM10/9/07
to Pastor M L Shreffler
To me Michael will always be "Pastor Michael." My husband is named
Michael as well, and although everyone we went to church with called
my husband Mike, I called him Michael, still do. One day while
working at the church Pastor Michael and I were visiting and sharing
the stories of our weekend activities. We were joined by several
older ladies who had stopped by. I said, "Oh yes, Michael and I had a
lovely weekend. We had a date night and went to dinner and a movie."
Eyebrows raised and Pastor Michael and I received a few funny looks.
All of I sudden I realized why there was a silence. Pastor Michael,
with a twinkle in his eye, leaned over and said, "Well did we have a
good time Stacie?" Everyone realized the mistake about the same time
and we had a great laugh. After that, I made sure that when
referencing the Pastor I said, "Pastor MIchael." (o: I loved the
Pastor's sense of humor and he always made me laugh. I was blessed to
know him and cherish the time that I knew him and the time that we
worked together. I especially enjoyed an evening when I stayed and
helped Pastor MIchael after his second knee surgery. We had a
wonderful visit and I think that was the last time we visited that it
was just he and I. Although we hadn't gotten to talk much in the
recent past, it saddens me to know that I can not pick up the phone
and call him. He always wanted me to finish college and when I do, I
know that he will be smiling down on me and sharing my
accomplishment. He will be missed. What a wonderful man who left an
indelible mark on this world.