Discussion on monticello-illinois-obituary

Ed

Oct 7, 2007, 1:53:25 PM10/7/07
to Pastor M L Shreffler
As a teenager in Naperville, Illinois, Mick (as we called him then)
was my youth pastor at Knox Presbyterian Church. It was a tumultuous
time with the Vietnam war protests, drug use and rebellion all
around. Mick had a deep, compassionate way of understanding and
relating to even the most troubled of us teenagers and I will never
forget those times and his support and understanding.

Also, he was a gifted speaker. I can remember many sermons where, as
he made his point with a poingant story, even the tough guys in the
congregation were grabbing for their handkerchiefs.

I know Mick had his personal challenges, but he was a unique person
who was able to use his own troubles to better understand and reach
out a hand to those in need.

I'm glad I had a chance to speak with him recently -- I think that
while he wasn't anxious to leave, he was ready. I will miss him.

Ed Daniels
Golden, Colorado