virtualbox sound setup

dai

Mar 12, 2010, 2:51:44 PM3/12/10
to ShowMeDo
OK guy's need some help in getting sound setup in virtualbox. Ever
since the upgrade to Ubuntu 0.10 host all guest OS's have crappy
sound . anybody using virtualbox to do recording in using Ubuntu Host?
If so how about doing me a quick movie of your sound setup in Ubuntu
and virtualbox to see if I have mine right.

Gasto

Mar 22, 2010, 6:47:12 PM3/22/10
to ShowMeDo
Hi Dai,

I had issues recording with RecordMyDesktop(terminal) with sound using
my Lexicon Lambda USB audio interface. I changed the audio device to
1(instead of 0) and worked. It by default uses OSS(I believe). The
exact comand line I can´t remember I´ll have to check it later.

VirtualBox I haven´t used it yet.

dai

Mar 27, 2010, 3:11:42 PM3/27/10
to ShowMeDo
I installed pulse audio volume control and played about with it untill
the sonud works.