ShowMeDo Blogs the World

May 22, 2010, 10:15:39 PM5/22/10
to show...@googlegroups.com

ShowMeDo Blogs the World

Relaunch, Refresh, Renew

Not sure what it is, but it starts with re. Inspired somewhat by a good friend (thanks Steve!) I galvanised a few galvons and decided to redo Showmedo. Chief among the aims was:

  • Make navigation to the video-tutorials much easier/more intuitive.
  • Make the site less visually er weird/fussy/cluttered
  • Reorganize and refactor the codebase and remove the huge amounts of cruft behind the scenes to…
  • Free time in the future.
  • Make things faster. Page-loads, server-load, the works.
  • Giving the club a home.

I think pretty substantial inroads have been made with regard to these goals. Not perfect by any means, but there is now a reasonably solid base on which to build. I’ll be documenting the changes a bit in the next week or so, but hope the new site is a much nicer prospect.

Please feel free to direct any feedback here.

cheers,
Kyran

Related posts:

  1. Site Relaunch – customizing that Twitter Widget
  2. A Wing, a Prayer, and the Ol’ Big G
  3. New flash-player being debuted

You are subscribed to email updates from ShowMeDo Blogs the World
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google

Gasto

May 28, 2010, 11:06:49 PM5/28/10
to ShowMeDo
I really like how it is looking now.

On 22 mayo, 20:15, ShowMeDo Blogs the World <showm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> ShowMeDo Blogs the World
>
> ///////////////////////////////////////////
> Relaunch, Refresh, Renew

> Not sure what it is, but it starts with re. Inspired somewhat by a good
> friend (thanks Steve!) I galvanised a few galvons and decided to redo
> Showmedo. Chief among the aims was:
>
> Make navigation to the video-tutorials much easier/more intuitive.
> Make the site less visually er weird/fussy/cluttered
> Reorganize and refactor the codebase and remove the huge amounts of cruft
> behind the scenes to
> Free time in the future.
> Make things faster. Page-loads, server-load, the works.
> Giving the club a home.
>
> I think pretty substantial inroads have been made with regard to these
> goals. Not perfect by any means, but there is now a reasonably solid base
> on which to build. Ill be documenting the changes a bit in the next week or
> so, but hope the new site is a much nicer prospect.
>
> Please feel free to direct any feedback here.
>
> cheers,
>
> Kyran
>
> Related posts:Site Relaunch  customizing that Twitter Widget
> A Wing, a Prayer, and the Ol Big G
> New flash-player being debuted
>
> --
> You are subscribed to email updates from "ShowMeDo Blogs the World."
>
> Email delivery powered by Google.

Kyran Dale

May 29, 2010, 4:06:29 AM5/29/10
to show...@googlegroups.com