最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Patrick

未読、
2010/04/16 11:35:412010/04/16
To: ShowMeDo
I've started on the path to learning web development and have chosen
the wonderfully functional web2py framework. Web2py is a great
framework for new users but still powerful enough for seasoned
developers. I know that many people feel Django is the python web
framework standard however it is very difficult for new users to learn
and setup.
Web2py you can run out of the box using SQLite as a database back end.
So compared to other frameworks web2py could/should be a great
starting point for those wanting to get into web development with
python.
I can assure you once you see how simple it is to use and develop with
that you may switch to web2py. With that said I'm new to web2py and
was hoping the showmedo crew could hook me up with some new material
for web2py. They have a few vids on vimeo but I'm looking for more
detailed examples. (I've been reading *everything* but sometimes it
helps to "hear" it out loud from someone with more experience.)

Gasto

未読、
2010/04/16 18:08:532010/04/16
To: ShowMeDo
Lets hope the web developers out there hear your call.

Kyran Dale

未読、
2010/04/16 18:14:332010/04/16
To: show...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

I'm hearing and reading lots of good things about web2py, particularly
the browser-based IDE (now that would have been a cool thing to have a
few years ago). It's relatively new on a scene where even the most
seasoned frameworks, Django pre-eminent, have less video-tutorials
than they deserve.

I'm about to put the finishing touches to a showmedo relaunch (well
refacement),. after which I'll be trying to use the site's leverage to
get some screencasts made. Web2py is on that list.

cheers,
Kyran

Patrick

未読、
2010/04/17 12:16:292010/04/17
To: ShowMeDo
Great I look forward to it!

On Apr 16, 5:14 pm, Kyran Dale <kyran.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> I'm hearing and reading lots of good things about web2py, particularly
> the browser-based IDE (now that would have been a cool thing to have a
> few years ago). It's relatively new on a scene where even the most
> seasoned frameworks, Django pre-eminent, have less video-tutorials
> than they deserve.
>
> I'm about to put the finishing touches to a showmedo relaunch (well
> refacement),. after which I'll be trying to use the site's leverage to
> get some screencasts made. Web2py is on that list.
>
> cheers,
> Kyran
>
> On 16 April 2010 17:35, Patrick <arcaneli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I've started on the path to learning web development and have chosen
> > the wonderfully functional web2py framework. Web2py is a great
> > framework for new users but still powerful enough for seasoned
> > developers. I know that many people feel Django is the python web
> > framework standard however it is very difficult for new users to learn
> > and setup.
> > Web2py you can run out of the box using SQLite as a database back end.
> > So compared to other frameworks web2py could/should be a great
> > starting point for those wanting to get into web development with
> > python.
> > I can assure you once you see how simple it is to use and develop with
> > that you may switch to web2py. With that said I'm new to web2py and
> > was hoping the showmedo crew could hook me up with some new material
> > for web2py. They have a few vids on vimeo but I'm looking for more
> > detailed examples. (I've been reading *everything* but sometimes it
> > helps to "hear" it out loud from someone with more experience.)
>
> > --
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送