sharing folders alias short cut

dai

Mar 5, 2010, 3:21:35 PM3/5/10
to ShowMeDo
If any of you have used my two videos on creating shared folders in
virtualbox, you might like to create some alias's to make life easier
for yourselfs

To make life easier you can create two alias's to type into the
terminal.
Open up the .bashrc (you will find this in your home folder as a
hidden file.) file in a text editor and in the alias section paste the
following two lines of code:

alias mybook='sudo mount -t vboxsf -o gid=1000,uid=1000,defaults dai1 /
home/dai/Desktop/mybook'

alias ubuntu='sudo mount -t vboxsf -o gid=1000,uid=1000,defaults dai /
home/dai/Desktop/ubuntu'

Then re-start the .bashrc file by typing the following in the
terminal:

. .bashrc

then it is a simple matter of typing the words ubuntu or mybook into
the terminal.

ubuntu and mybook are the names of the folders on my guest desktop.
Remember to change these in the alias file if yours are different to
mine!

I hope this helps

dai

Mar 5, 2010, 5:07:44 PM3/5/10
to ShowMeDo
Dont forget to modify these two lines to suit your set up:

alias mybook='sudo mount -t vboxsf -o gid=1000,uid=1000,defaults
dai1 /
home/dai/Desktop/mybook'

alias ubuntu='sudo mount -t vboxsf -o gid=1000,uid=1000,defaults dai /
home/dai/Desktop/ubuntu'

They won't be
dai /home/dai/Desktop/ubuntu'

Kyran Dale

Mar 6, 2010, 3:05:30 AM3/6/10
to show...@googlegroups.com
cheers for the pointer Dai - will be adding to my long list of aliases,

Kyran

Gasto

Mar 22, 2010, 7:23:00 PM3/22/10
to ShowMeDo
Sorry I am lost, what is that alias for?

Kyran Dale

Mar 24, 2010, 3:11:38 AM3/24/10
to show...@googlegroups.com
On 23 March 2010 00:23, Gasto <gabriel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry I am lost, what is that alias for?

just a quick way of setting up a shared directory between your virtual and real computers. Quickie clarification here:

dai

Mar 27, 2010, 3:13:17 PM3/27/10
to ShowMeDo
The alias is for enabling your shared folders in virtualbox in the
guest system.

Gasto

Apr 9, 2010, 7:13:34 PM4/9/10
to ShowMeDo