SEVERAL SMALL CHANGES IN RULES

K K

Sep 24, 2020, 11:09:05 AM9/24/20
to showdown...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Since we're getting to the end of September soon, I thought it would be
a good thing to write down a few ideas the Polish national team and
myself have come up with. I've split them in multiple posts for logic's
sake, so sorry but you'll be reading this intro several times Emotikon
tongue

So all of these don't really fit into a particular category so I'm
putting them together...

1. TIE-BREAK
As things are now, the last set is statistically won more often by the
person who serves first.
We have to different proposals to address this, both having their pros
and cons:
A: P1 serves one time, then P2 serves two times, then P1 two times, P2
two times and so on. Here only the first serve changes from the rest of
the game. This one is a bit worse in terms of pure equality, but it
gives both players a chance to be strategical with their serves while
still giving a small adjustement to the current rule that currently
advantages P1 a bit too much.
B: P1 serves one time, P2 serves one time, P1 serves one time, P2 serves
one time, and so on. This one is more equal, but it removes some
strategy from the game.

2. ALLOWED GLASSES AT TOURNAMENTS
We believe that just like in other sports (football, goalball, ...) only
IBSA-approved glasses should be allowed at both national and
international competitions.

3. ILLEGAL DEFENSE LINE
We think it would be a good thing to have the illegal defense line drawn
up until the contact board so it's easier for referies to check whether
the ball was blocked in the forbidden zone or not.

That's all I think...

Best regards Krystian Kisiel.