One Week 'til Mardi Gras!

New Haven Free Public Library Foundation

Feb 9, 2021, 5:02:21 PM2/9/21
to shoreline-...@googlegroups.com
Image

One Week 'til Mardi Gras!
Join us on Tuesday, February 16 at 7PM for a FREE celebration of the New Haven Free Public Library's role as a vital source of connection in our community.

Celebrate Black Poetry!

Mardi Gras will feature a lively conversation with some of the nation's leading poets – Toi Derricotte, Cornelius Eady, and Reginald Dwayne Betts.

Plus:

  • Appearances by local luminaries & literati

  • A musical performance by Thabisa
  • A presentation of the Noah Webster Award to Elsie B. Chapman
  • And a special announcement about the campaign for the new Stetson Library on Dixwell Avenue

Tune in to the Library's Facebook or YouTube pages Tuesday, February 16 at 7PM to watch live!

Get excited for Mardi Gras by making your own mask! Call 203-946-8130 ext 140 to reserve your Ives Squared Take and Make mask kit, and join us for the Mardi Gras Masks program on Feb. 12 at 3PM where we’ll have fun with Mardi Gras masks and activities.

Can't attend Mardi Gras but want to support the Library? Make a gift! Proceeds from Mardi Gras support the collections, programs, and services of the New Haven Free Public Library year-round.

Thank you to our sponsors:

Alternate text

New Haven Free Public Library Foundation
133 Elm Street, New Haven, CT 06510

www.nhfpl.org

STAY CONNECTED

FacebookTwitterInstagram
To change your subscription settings, click here.