ESC / WOSC 2022

Daniel Toebbens

Mar 22, 2022, 4:15:26 PM3/22/22
to Mailgroup Shogi-L
The German Shogi Association invites you to join us at the European Shogi Championship & World Open Shogi Championship 2022 in the city of Mannheim, Germany.

The event will take place 28th to 31st of July 2022. As of today the website is online and registration is open: www.esc2022.shogideutschland.de

The tournament follows the usual format, with a Team tournament on Thursday 28th and the Blitz Championship on Thursday evening. The main tournament will be Friday through Saturday. All details can, of course, be found at the tournament website. Contact us at esc...@shogideutschland.de in case of further questions or for visa invitational letters.

Registration is possible until Wednesday, 24th of July 2022, 22.00 CET, however, a reduced registration fee applies if registration and payment are done until June 30th.

The tournament facility is a Youth Hostel, which means that reasonable priced beds and lunch meals are available on site. Those can be booked on the tournament website, too, but require a) an additional, independent reservation and b) ordering and payment until June 30th at the latest.

The place is located in the center of the city at the shores of river Rhine:
Youth hostel Mannheim International
Rheinpromenade 21
68163 Mannheim, Germany

See you this summer!

Daniel Többens

Mar 22, 2022, 4:44:37 PM3/22/22
to Mailgroup Shogi-L
Of course, the main tournament will be Friday through SUNDAY.

Daniel Többens

Jun 27, 2022, 2:28:45 PM6/27/22
to Mailgroup Shogi-L
Hello Everyone!

As announced before, this years European Shogi Championship & World Open
Shogi Championship will be held from 28th to 31st of July 2022 in
Germany. Due to some organizational problems we had to relocate the
tournament. We are not going to play in the city of Mannheim, but at the
Heinrich Pesch Hotel in the city of Ludwigshafen. This is not such a big
deal, as Ludwigshafen is basically just a suburb of Mannheim (even
though the locals would never admit it). The new location is about 6 km
away from the old one and can be reached by the same local tram system.

As always, all information, contacts and registration forms are at the
tournament website:
https://shogideutschland.de/esc2022/

We are now at 73 registered participants, with more than 20 Dan-players.
Also, information through the grapevine is that we will be able to
welcome some professional players, too. We thus are confident that we
will have a great event again this year.

CU all,
Daniel

Daniel Toebbens

Jul 5, 2022, 3:33:57 AM7/5/22
to sho...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce that three professional players will attend the ESC / WOSC 2022:
Shohei Takada 7-dan, Madoka Kitao Ladies 2-dan, and Karolina Styczynska Ladies 1-Dan.