27th Colmar Shogi Open with special guest Aono 9-dan | 23rd+24th September 2023

Fabien Osmont

Aug 7, 2023, 9:27:15 AM8/7/23
to SHOGI-L
Dear Shogi friends,

We are just out from the ESC/WOSC during which we had the chance to
welcome you in Strasbourg one week ago.
Many pictures are already published here and more will still come :
http://esc2023.shogi.fr/pictures/

But, Today, I'd like to inform you about our usual "Colmar Shogi Open"
that will take place, as usual, during the last week-end of September
i.e. on the 23rd/24th of September 2023.

This year, we'll have the chance to welcome Aono sensei, the famous pro
player 9-dan, who will give simul games and games analysis during the
whole tournament. Don't miss this chance to meet this great player !

All details can be found on that page :
https://shogialsace.wordpress.com/2023/08/07/invitation-to-the-27th-colmar-shogi-open-23rd-24th-of-september-2023/

The pre-registered players list will be updated on that page regularly.

Open tournament format, schedule & co are similar to previous year.
So, this will be a Mac Mahon tournament (or Swiss if less than 20
players) in 6 rounds of 45 mins + 30 secs byoyomi.
The exact location is the same than last 5 years :
https://goo.gl/maps/1vuao

Don't hesitate to register early. With a usual 50~ participating
players, we can promise you to get interesting games whatever your level
is.
To register, just fill in this form : https://forms.gle/qmz9WwJT2v36Ask58

We are looking forward to meeting many of you there!

Best regards

Fabien

--
------------------------
Fédération Française de Shogi

Fabien Osmont

Sep 14, 2023, 4:27:39 AM9/14/23
to SHOGI-L
Dear Shogi friends,

Kind reminder about our yearly tournament that will take place in 10
days from now.

This tournament is quite well known to have a friendly atmosphere and to
benefit from a nice and usually sunny location.
(For the Ghibli movies fans, did you know that Colmar was the source of
inspiration for the city of Sophie in Haoru's moving castle ?)

And this year, we have the chance to welcome professional player Aono
9-dan, one of the most famous professional player in Japan !
To take the most benefit of his participation, we have planned the
possibility for the players wishing it to skip a round and play against
him instead.

Will you miss this opportunity ?

Deadline for registration if you wish to get the free sandwiches is this
monday evening. Hurry up !

To register : https://forms.gle/qmz9WwJT2v36Ask58

More infos about the tournament here :
https://shogialsace.wordpress.com/2023/08/07/invitation-to-the-27th-colmar-shogi-open-23rd-24th-of-september-2023/