ESC/WOSC on August 19-22, 2021 in Minsk

andrei....@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2021, 5:24:22 PM7/24/21
to SHOGI-L
Dear shogi friends!

As far as you probably know at a general vote of the FESA member countries in June it was approved the decision to hold the postponed ESC/WOSC 2020 on August 19-22, 2021 in Minsk. Let me share the latest good news and updates on it.

1. At the moment we have 43 pre-registered players from 4 countries (and expect more relying on the number of active Minsk players alone).

2. Since July 14, no self-isolation for vaccinated arrivals in Belarus! The new resolution removes the self-isolation requirement for arrivals with vaccination certificates. It also cancels the PCR test requirement for them too. The Belarusian government has also cut the period of self-isolation to 7 days (if you are unvaccinated and are from the country of the so called red zone).

3. Less than a month is left before the event, and if you want to join us, hurry up with the plane tickets. Since there is still no direct flight between the EU and Belarus, I would recommend paying attention to Turkish Airlines and Istanbul as a hub.

More information you can find at the event website: http://euro2020.shogi.by/en/

P.S. These days we hold the 4th Magister Match in Minsk: Sergey Korchitsky (5 Dan) vs Anton Starykevich (4 Dan)  (2h + 60s byoyomi per player). This Sunday join the live stream of the 2nd game at https://youtu.be/If4SuCeiEL4

Kind regards,
Andrei

andrei....@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2021, 4:26:45 PM8/13/21
to SHOGI-L
Dear shogi friends,

Let me share the latest news and updates on the event.
1. The ESC/WOSC is coming up and at the moment we have 69 pre-registered players from 5 countries (including 3 top European ones). And If you are vaccinated and love shogi, that there is no restrictions to join us: http://euro2020.shogi.by/en/registration
2. You can join the online championship with a short time limit (5 minutes + 10 seconds byoyomi) which will be held on Thursday 19th August. The tournament will be run on the Swiss system with 7 rounds.

With kind regards,
Andrei
esc2020.png
воскресенье, 25 июля 2021 г. в 00:24:22 UTC+3, andrei....@gmail.com: