Missing Toolbox Database

Nefeli Perdikouli

Jul 9, 2024, 6:32:05 AM (14 days ago) Jul 9
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Hi everyone,

I am not sure exactly what glitched but I can't seem to find my most current version of my Toolbox Database. I can only find a version from 2016.

Is there a way to recover a Toolbox database from yesterday?

Really appreciate the help!

toolbox

Jul 9, 2024, 6:39:02 AM (14 days ago) Jul 9
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Toolbox isn't in the habit of throwing away files, so I'm sure your data is there somewhere. Have you tried the Search feature of the Windows Explorer or whichever browser you are using? (Toolbox doesn't move files, either, but it can be in a different place than you expect.)

As you've discovered, Toolbox doesn't keep a Most Recently Closed list and you aren't the first to be frustrated by that. I am Toolbox Support and will gladly get online with you to make suggestions for searching if you'd like. I'm at Toolbox @ sil.org (no spaces, of course). Contact me there if you are interested.

Karen
Toolbox Support