LP loses words on export

TonyNaden

Sep 9, 2022, 12:10:20 PM9/9/22
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
I know this is a TOOLBOX group but I know many of you use Lexique Pro for some processes as I do.
In my current dictionary words beginning with  ee, ɛ, and  ɛɛ  appear correctly (following  e ) in TOOLBOX and LP on-screen, but the LP export as document loses them completely.
--  they appear where expected in the LP  export of index table
-  words beginning with  Ce/ɛ/ɛɛ  export correctly.

Anybody got any notions?

ToolBox Support

Sep 9, 2022, 3:32:20 PM9/9/22
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Someone else had this problem. Right off I don't remember the solution -- or if we found one.

Karen

ToolBox Support

Sep 12, 2022, 12:12:26 PM9/12/22
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Tony,

I'm sure you've checked this, but on the chance you haven't... Tools, Configure, Display gives the alphabetic list. Have you checked and tried editing this?

image.png

If you come up with a solution, let us know! This isn't the first I've heard of this problem.

Karen
Toolbox Support

Tony Naden

Sep 12, 2022, 1:07:39 PM9/12/22
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, but it displays all right in LP, it's only in the exported document it disappears. I filtered out just the offending items and made a separate 'language' of them and ran it thru the process and then copied and pasted into the main dictionary in the right place!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/shoeboxtoolbox-field-linguists-toolbox/CAEgRS91R4PFrES4XFRtsyeAoCb4LivyqPq7cp8CLmHtMm8ASOg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Address: "Lost Marbles", 31, Reading Road,
Pangbourne, Berks., RG8 7HY  -

Tel.: 01189842368

Most Holy God and Father, hear our prayers for all who strive for peace
and who fight for justice.
Help us today to remember the costs of war, to work for a better tomorrow;
and, as we commend to you lives lost in terror and conflict,
bring us all, in the end, to the peace of your presence;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

ToolBox Support

Sep 12, 2022, 1:44:12 PM9/12/22
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you found a work-around. LP has some little oddities. Someone else was just asking about LP -- sent to Toolbox directly. LP displayed the alphabet across the top all messed up. It worked for her to fill in the (for some reason blank) box I sent to you.

Karen