Error when using deployApp(): Unhandled Exception: Child Task failed: Error building image

Almog Simchon

Jul 27, 2018, 11:34:40 AM7/27/18
to shinyapps.io Users

Hi all,

We’re trying to post our first shiny app and getting the following error:

Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 539727854 failed: Error building image: Error building units (0.6-0). Build exited with non-zero status: 1

I saw here that these types of error sometimes refer to dependencies failure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Almog

Joshua Spiewak

Jul 27, 2018, 12:16:32 PM7/27/18
to shinyapps.io Users
Correct, the package units depends upon libudunits2-dev.

Given the number of times I have seen this for units in the past couple of weeks, I will open up an issue myself.

But in general, see the documentation regarding system packages.

Almog Simchon

Jul 28, 2018, 2:18:12 AM7/28/18
to shinyapps.io Users
Thank you!

Joshua Spiewak

Jul 30, 2018, 2:05:20 PM7/30/18
to shinyapps.io Users
This has been deployed to production, let me know how it goes.