Thoughts on reusable shiny modules

Karthik Rajendran

Nov 2, 2020, 12:44:31 AM11/2/20
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
How do people share shiny modules for common use cases? (both universally re-usable ones or domain-specific)

I've not been following developments in the shiny community very closely, but I used shiny apps extensively in my last role and I had created a package of modules (mostly for myself) so that I can reuse common functionality especially in a data-science context.  I especially found the debug (develop-within-the-app) module helpful, although perhaps there are better ways to accomplish what I was trying now.

Link to the package repository: https://github.com/rajkar86/shinypipe
- Just curious. Would people find any of these modules helpful?
- More generally, is there value in encouraging sharing modules, and building upon them?

Thanks in advance!
Karthik

Jonathan Cummings

Nov 9, 2020, 12:28:02 PM11/9/20
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I don't know it there is a standard or common way to share modules, but I appreciate that yours are available on github. I think the debug module will be useful to me and that there is value in sharing and building on what others have developed.

Thanks for sharing.

Justin BEM

Nov 25, 2020, 3:24:57 PM11/25/20
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Modules can be bundle as R packages ...

Karthik Rajendran

Nov 25, 2020, 5:46:40 PM11/25/20
to Justin BEM, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Yes, that's what I attempted to do in the package that I shared before. But I don't see that as an active way that people actually use to share modules.

I don't know if there is any good list of packages that are meant to share shiny modules either.

Karthik

Justin BEM

Nov 28, 2020, 3:32:41 PM11/28/20
to Karthik Rajendran, Shiny - Web Framework for R
See DTedit package it a good example of shiny module sharing
--
Justin Bem
Tél 00 241 02 28 02 37