Project Release: (Shiny) Webapp for crowdsourced database on sustainability practices of eateries across the globe

nirzaree vadgama

Aug 12, 2021, 5:58:33 AM8/12/21
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shiny Community,

Thought to share a project that might interest some folks in the group. :)

SustainabilityEateries_mainpage.png
I recently published a webapp (developed in shiny obviously) to capture how eco-friendly/zero-waste/sustainable are various eateries across the globe through crowd-sourced data entry.

Shiny made web-development and deployment pretty easy for someone with absolutely no web-dev know-how, and I think some of the features might be useful to other folks developing shiny apps.

The webapp has various features including: google address autocomplete, recaptcha, leaflet map visualization (localized search within map), https security through lets encrypt certificate.

As some of the features took me long to figure out, I have documented most of the development in a blog post: https://wp.me/p13hsR-RF. I am still writing about some of the new features that I recently added.

Project's code is on: https://git.io/J8xDW

Deployed app is on: sustainableeateries.com/

Feel free to reach out for collaboration as there's quite some interesting work ahead or in general for any comments/questions. If what the project does resonates with you on any level, then do add in some entries in the database when you can. 🌿

Cheers,
Nirzaree

nirzaree vadgama

Aug 12, 2021, 2:09:01 PM8/12/21
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
<Had a small glitch on the page. Is fixed now. ✌️>