Where do shiny templates inherit variables from?

James Groeneveld

Jan 30, 2015, 1:51:42 AM1/30/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I was wondering where the templates are actually corresponding to js files? for instance i've set up the default /etc/shiny-server/templates/directoryIndex.html and configured the server with directory_index on. It doesn't look so great. I want to customize this page. I can't get my head around where this file in particular is getting access to the title variable in {{title}} or the apps variable in {{#each apps}} or the dirs var in {{#each dirs}}

Just need a quick pointer here

thanks,j

James Groeneveld

Jan 30, 2015, 1:54:15 AM1/30/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
more specifically -- the apps variable doesn't actually capture apps, the dirs variable captures all directories and 'apps'.. where every app is a dir but not every dir is an app

James Groeneveld

Feb 2, 2015, 2:58:16 PM2/2/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
for anyone out there, i believe this is all built in the directory-router file located here:

/opt/shiny-server/lib/router/directory-router.js

Midhun Mathew Sunny

Apr 18, 2017, 1:07:41 PM4/18/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I have the same question. I don't see the file you mentioned in /opt/shiny-server directory. If you have some solutions, could you update please.

Thanks