Trouble logging in by ftp

Andy Moore

Apr 23, 2018, 2:33:20 AM4/23/18
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
Been using Shiftedit for years. One of my client's isp moved their site to a new server and now I can't log into it through Shiftedit. I keep getting:

Error getting files: 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /

I tried putting in a directory path (several... including what pops up with Filezilla), but no go. I also tried just clicking the folder in the edit dialog box to try and select a folder, but that does not seem to work either.

I can log into the site with Filezilla, but one oddity is that Filezilla requires the connection to be "active" rather than "passive" in order to work. I wonder if this is the issue?

Is there a way to force Shiftedit to use active... or perhaps something else I can try to resolve this?

Adam Jimenez

Apr 23, 2018, 8:31:20 AM4/23/18
to shiftedit
Hi,

It's going to be active mode that is causing the problem.
If your server supports PHP then you can manually configure and upload the php proxy script.
Then add a web url and enable turbo mode in site settings and it should connect.

Best regards,
Adam Jimenez

Andy Moore

Apr 23, 2018, 9:17:23 AM4/23/18
to shif...@googlegroups.com
does this php proxy script just get dropped in the website root?

Adam Jimenez